Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Onion knight
Rainbow 
im sad to not have found an onion knight class on the sight. i have thought about making one myself but as far as a limit break would go i wouldnt be so sure. any ideas?
Undecided
(12-12-2013, 09:03 AM)Gunmagemike Wrote: im sad to not have found an onion knight class on the sight. i have thought about making one myself but as far as a limit break would go i wouldnt be so sure. any ideas?
Undecided

I couldn't think of anything about the Onion Knight.=/
As i recall onion knights were very versatile so if its a base class I'd let you pick 2 limit breaks from any of the other base classes. As for the class itself I'd go 3/4 bab spell casting up to 4th level spells with their progression following the red mage path though they should get palidan mp with full
Caster level from the red mage list a few fighter feats peppered in every 3 or 4 levels with evasion or uncanny dodge ability line and maybe a skill focus or two thrown. in with a d8 for hitdie and 3 to 5 skill points per level.
<(°_°^) (^°_°^) (^°_°)>
(12-12-2013, 09:54 AM)Viladin Wrote:
(12-12-2013, 09:03 AM)Gunmagemike Wrote: im sad to not have found an onion knight class on the sight. i have thought about making one myself but as far as a limit break would go i wouldnt be so sure. any ideas?
Undecided

I couldn't think of anything about the Onion Knight.=/

I had the idea of possibly making it a prestige class to level 10 in which bab fortitude reflex and will all increase by one each level. And can equip all armors and weapons. Other than that it would need a limit break. Even if we didn't make it a prestige it could go to level 20 with everything increasing by 1 every 2nd level or so. Confused

(12-12-2013, 10:52 AM)fel_horfrost Wrote: As i recall onion knights were very versatile so if its a base class I'd let you pick 2 limit breaks from any of the other base classes. As for the class itself I'd go 3/4 bab spell casting to 5th level spells with full
Caster level from the red mage list a few fighter feats peppered in every 3 or 4 levels with evasion or uncanny dodge ability line and maybe a skill focus or two thrown. in with a d8 for hitdie and 3 to 5 skill points per level

that idea seems genuinely interesting. More complex than my idea. Lol. In a way they were versatile. some games they sucked others they were amazing
As far as proficiencies they would be proficient in one armor and weapon of choice and simple weapons.
<(°_°^) (^°_°^) (^°_°)>
(12-12-2013, 11:15 AM)fel_horfrost Wrote: As far as proficiencies they would be proficient in one armor and weapon of choice and simple weapons.

while i do favor that idea it could also be a prestige class of sorts with a limit break and the simple ability to use everything. Even though you can use all the weapons and armor doesn't mean you can get it so easily. I guess preferences would lye with different dm's

but either way I am still interested on working with someone on this little project
Onion Knight is something I tried to do. I'll check my notes of where I left off. Lessee...

It started off as a prestige class that required 5 other classes to get into. It advanced your level for the purpose of which talents you could pick up, and let you pick up talents from the base classes. Overall I wasn't fond of how narrow and generic it felt.

After that I switched it to a prestige class based on limit breaks. Levels in the class stacked with levels in any other class but only for limit breaks. You got more LB/day, boosts when you used them, etc. Never finished it off though.
(12-12-2013, 12:47 PM)Nihilarian Wrote: Onion Knight is something I tried to do. I'll check my notes of where I left off. Lessee...

It started off as a prestige class that required 5 other classes to get into. It advanced your level for the purpose of which talents you could pick up, and let you pick up talents from the base classes. Overall I wasn't fond of how narrow and generic it felt.

After that I switched it to a prestige class based on limit breaks. Levels in the class stacked with levels in any other class but only for limit breaks. You got more LB/day, boosts when you used them, etc. Never finished it off though.

I actually really like that. I would enjoy if you finished that. I'd like it even more if it was put up on this site so I can show my friends.
Onion knight "limit break" could be it improves his known limit breaks as if he leveled in those classes?
Here's a few of the class abilities, for now. Everything is subject to change though.

Quote:Limit Break
[i]Limit Combo (Su): This Limit Break allows the onion knight to use two Limit Breaks he has gained from other classes in the same turn. The onion knight chooses two limit breaks he has access to (not including Limit Combo); he can perform these limit breaks in any order he wishes, however each limit break functions off of the character's onion knight class level rather than the level of the relevent class. This limit break requires a full-round action.

Mirrored: When the onion knight is struck by a limit break he has access to, he gains a bonus on his saving throw equal to his class level. If the onion knight strikes an enemy under the effect of a limit break he has access to, he gains a bonus on his damage roll equal to his class level.

Desperation (Su): Every 25 points of damage dealt to the onion knight grants him 1 Desperation Point. Can spend points to use a Limit Break without losing a use/day; The number of DP spent determines the level of the Limit Break. Can store a number of DP = 2xOnion Knight level.

Counterstroke: Once per day, Limit Break as an Immediate action.
The rest of the abilities allow you to activate LB's at higher HP percentages or grant more uses/day.
What if they start off very average and receive a special onion weapon and equipment that evolves and levels up as the character levels up?
I am actually workin on a base class version of the onion knight atm. I'll happily post is here when I've finished it.
I had an idea for one a long time ago, where they started off basic, but by cross-classing, it would improve the Onion Knight. As well as having a set of equipment that empowered them. This was using a system more like FFT, where you could freely switch of course. Oh, I do know of a D6 system, link is probably still on GitP, that had references to one. Those looking for information it, should go look up FFIIIj, as that is the first class they were introduced in. Though it was later changed in the re-releases to Freelancer and Onion Knight was a later thing. There was even a 'sub'-class called FEOK or Fully Equipped Onion Knight, and they were basically untouchable and OHKO everything. Generally speaking though, they should start off weak, almost too weak and power up slowly until the last few levels where they skyrocket. Example: In FFIIIj, they had the lowest stats, only gaining one or two points a level up, until you hit the 90s, then it jumped in bounds until they were maxed or close to it by max level.
Bwa, I finished the first version of a base class onion kniht. I posted a new thread to hold it.