Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request; Remove Alignment from Dark Knight
He was deceived into doing it, being told that retrieving the crystals was "for the good of Baron." He may have accepted the order and executed it, but the reality of the situation hits him almost instantly after that. Not only him, but his crew as well. When he questions the order, he's not only demoted but ordered/forced into another errand which takes him (and Kain) to Mist. Again, he is deceived into what he does. This also forces his own hand and makes him act upon his anger at being misled.

True, his good nature should have stopped him from committing the first action, but how could he and to what end? To defy the orders, be labeled a traitor, and risk being executed himself along with the crew under his command (the latter being an extreme)? And while being lied to doesn't make the act any better, I believe he is also led to believe that Mysidia is using the crystal to their own benefit (please correct me on this last part if I'm wrong). The second one, Cecil was essentially lied to to his face. How would he know what he was delivering when he was shoved out of the throne room? He was lied to (again) and used for Mist's destruction. For all he and Kain knew, he could have been delivering a really ugly ring to someone.

Also, when you unlock Dark Knight in Final Fantasy Tactics, do you run around killing innocents? How about in Final Fantasy 3? No. Final Fantasy X-2? Another no. Maybe Final Fantasy 11? Nope, still fighting beastmen, monsters, and creatures of less than good origins.

The class is not evil in itself, it's simply how people use it.

I don't mean to sound argumentative here and I'm not seeking confrontation.

Also, let me clarify that by no means do I agree with taking another life. Don't misunderstand me.

... I also seem to have repeated myself in my first two paragraphs, apologies!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Request; Remove Alignment from Dark Knight - by SacredCeadus - 05-17-2013, 07:07 PM