Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kingdom Hearts: Keyblade Wielding
That's actually one of the reasons why I'd suggested the initiators. It's very hard to find a concept that can't somehow be worked into through the use of maneuvers. You can have two players with the exact same class, and they can play completely differently through maneuver choice alone. For example, you could have two keyblade wielders who take the Power path. One of them picks Iron Tortoise and Thrashing Dragon for their maneuvers (either dual-wielding keyblades or going with a 'blade-and-board build), who ends up being a whiz at fending off opponents while tearing them apart with a barrage of hits. The other picks Primal Fury and Scarlet Throne instead, and ends up being super-aggressive, focusing on busting out a bunch of strikes and boosts, charging around the battlefield. Maybe another takes advantage of the mechanic for being able to use their keyblade as a shield and uses Iron Tortoise and Scarlet Throne to be heavy on counters from both disciplines while using Scarlet Throne to dish out good damage with strikes (which would honestly be the way I would go with it, if I was playing one).

However, the initiator archetypes I've been working on haven't been made official yet, so if you'd wanna see this sooner, then you're better off not going that direction. And when it comes to making hybrid classes out of other hybrid classes, while I think it's technically possible, it seems kinda, I dunno, out of whack. Making a whole new class that shares a system similar to the Sword Saint (which is already kind of a Diet Coke initiator) seems like a good idea, or maybe just making an archetype, if we're feeling a bit lazy. I kind of want to give them a whole class of their own though, so as to let them have archetypes of their own.

Messages In This Thread
Kingdom Hearts: Keyblade Wielding - by cheezez - 11-21-2017, 03:21 PM
RE: Kingdom Hearts: Keyblade Wielding - by Manly Man - 11-22-2017, 11:41 PM