Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Ballad of Sparkle Motion
(01-18-2016, 10:10 AM)Viladin Wrote: That's pretty awesome and a daunting task to learn a new system from being new players to the whole tabletop scene. I applaud your effort and dedication. I am also pleased that you guys appreciate what I loved to make.

Oh wow, I never expected to get the attention of... THE CREATOR. Neat. Not trying to suck up, but FFd20 was a major factor for me wanting to get into tabletop games in the first place.

Little backstory: Never played tabletop games of any kind when I was younger (raised in the early 90's by very Christian parents), so I was strictly a console kid playing any games they'd allow me to play. I didn't know about tabletop games until about the latter end of high school and even then I didn't understand the point.

At some point around '08 I was derpin' around the innertubes when, lo and behold, Stumble took me to a random page of FFd20. With a slightly better understanding of tabletop games just from life experience, and more board & tabletop games becoming mainstream, it was easy to see the appeal of FFd20 as a new kind of gaming experience. Over the span of a few years I'd try different things to get into tabletop gaming; Beginner Boxes, reading player guides for random editions of D&D, etc.

It wasn't until the very end of 2013 that I was finally in a place with other people who played. I didn't know how long I was gonna be living there, so I played any and every game my group invited me to and it allowed me some great insight into game playing in general. While I still don't think I'm the best choice for GM, I do feel like I'm the only candidate by virtue of most time played.

tl;dr Didn't play tabletop games when I was younger but now I totally do.

So thank you Viladin, you crazy Kefka butternut squash. Big Grin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
The Ballad of Sparkle Motion - by lostnobody87 - 01-16-2016, 12:07 AM
RE: The Ballad of Sparkle Motion - by Zwordsman - 01-17-2016, 05:04 PM
RE: The Ballad of Sparkle Motion - by Viladin - 01-18-2016, 10:10 AM
RE: The Ballad of Sparkle Motion - by lostnobody87 - 01-27-2016, 09:45 PM
RE: The Ballad of Sparkle Motion - by Viladin - 02-23-2016, 02:38 PM
RE: The Ballad of Sparkle Motion - by Viladin - 04-17-2016, 01:43 AM
RE: The Ballad of Sparkle Motion - by Zwordsman - 04-17-2016, 08:32 PM
RE: The Ballad of Sparkle Motion - by Zwordsman - 04-20-2016, 03:05 PM