Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ronin - Base Class - V1.6
Mantis sweep- this should allow for enemies adjacent a save or impose a penalty to hit them… this is EXTREME, even splash damage allows for a save.

Riposte: Reflex Save DC is too easy. Maybe make it an opposed attack. This would keep the situation dynamic- If you are fighting a lvl 2 mook they are RIDICULOUSLY outmatched, if you are fighting a Tarrasque you shouldn't stand much of a chance riposting those blows.
Even looking at the numbers when the level is obtained: Lvl 9: 3Base+4Dex+2(Cape)+2(Feat)+1(Trait)=12 meaning 8+ on the d20 will succeed. That number just goes down as you level up, regardless of your enemy.

Ougi: Save should be vs ½ lvl, also… these could be gotten earlier… waiting until lvl 10 seems excessive.

Titan’s Fist- I might make a REF vs prone?

Ketsuguo- I don't think this should be obtained the same time you get Ougi, Start Ougi @ lvl 5 or 7, then get this at lvl 10- also this might be something that benefits from the same pool of resource. Say you start learning Ougi @ lvl 5 or 7, then another at lvl 8 or 10 (3 levels later- if using the 7/10 progression allow Ketsuguo option now) then at lvl 11 or 13 you have the ability to gain ANOTHER Ougi OR you can get Ketsuguo (this way you can have specialty moves that you chain in different ways OR different moves that you chain in similar ways). Limiting these powers but opening them up earlier can add the stylization of how your character fights and help gain benefit from 2ndary party choices (maybe you have a member that stabs the prone targets or one who can expand your critical range etc.)

Blade Precision- if you had a vorpal weapon wouldn’t this auto-kill (with some exceptions) EVERY target on a roll of 20? This might be OP. Refresh of this ability is the auto-kill recharge? Then I retract the complaint.

I like the flavor of what you built, but it feels a little back heavy. I am not great at judging balance without playing the character but playing at lvl 9 vs playing at lvl 10 would be a DRAMATIC shift in gameplay for a single level as the class stands now. It gets several feats for free AND then it gets bonus feats as well, this is in addition to fighting powers so it feels a little overboard. I might eliminate “Way/Soul of the Warrior” or modify to where they CAN count as a fighter for taking of fighter feats/talents, but I may be biased in my approach.

Messages In This Thread
Ronin - Base Class - V1.6 - by Luphey - 09-18-2015, 01:13 AM
RE: Ronin - Base Class - V1.3 - by Luphey - 09-19-2015, 01:01 AM
RE: Ronin - Base Class - V1.3 - by What's in the box? - 09-19-2015, 10:58 AM
RE: Ronin - Base Class - V1.3 - by Luphey - 09-19-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: Ronin - Base Class - V1.6 - by Luphey - 10-10-2015, 11:20 AM