Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Occult Classes
I like Dreamscarred psionics, but I always come back to that idea of: How is psionic DIFFERENT from spell? I can understand the mind over arcane in a logical sense but in the pragmatic "this is MY approach to enacting change" I am not fully understanding the difference between-

I move my hands in a method that draws the attention of cosmic forces and I speak words of mystical power to form my intent and with the right material components to evoke sympathetic magic BAM!- Bolt of Acid!
-AND-
I think REALLY hard... like... like REALLY SUPER HARD! Like... Ok, you know how after you take the SATs and your mind is exhausted and I you wanna do is got to Bennigans and eat cheese sticks but the waited asks for your drink order and you can't figure out what he is talking about because in your fatigued mind all you can think of is cheese sticks and taking a nap but he stands there looking at you with that faux grin and THIS MOMENT NEVER ENDS!... I think REALLY hard like that and BAM!- Bolt of Acid... except you know... it isn't a bolt so much as mind goo with an acid flavoring...

So I appreciate that the new occult classes have specified precisely what is happening in Psychic spells. Because I would wonder why- if "I do it with my mind" exists, why are their still people going: "You know... I see where you are coming from Professor X, but... idk... I think having all of my powers dependent on this ONE specific book that I own makes more sense."

And... ok... this is a side note: When it comes to witches what is the life span of a familiar? Like I haven't really heard anyone talk about it but you can have a spider familiar... but most spiders have a lifespan of a year with the upper end being something around 3 years... And if you have a cat then there would be something between 10 and 20 (personally I have had a cat live to be 19, but grandmother had one live to 26... which is just SO old for a cat)... but there isn't much discussion about familiar dying of old age. Is that a non-issue? Do they share a life-span with you? Do they sponsor their replacement? Like when it starts to hear the calling of the afterworld does it send out a signal for a younger cat to take its place?

I think I got sidetracked. YAY! Occult classes Smile

Messages In This Thread
Occult Classes - by What's in the box? - 09-10-2015, 04:49 PM
RE: Occult Classes - by Violetlantern658 - 09-11-2015, 09:26 PM
RE: Occult Classes - by What's in the box? - 09-12-2015, 08:20 AM
RE: Occult Classes - by RedDingo777 - 09-16-2015, 03:11 PM
RE: Occult Classes - by Manly Man - 09-20-2015, 02:19 PM
RE: Occult Classes - by Luphey - 09-20-2015, 02:40 PM
RE: Occult Classes - by What's in the box? - 09-21-2015, 09:31 AM
RE: Occult Classes - by Manly Man - 09-21-2015, 02:57 PM
RE: Occult Classes - by Shield Wolf - 04-14-2016, 11:21 AM
RE: Occult Classes - by Hiei - 09-02-2017, 09:26 PM