Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What grinds your gears?-Pathfinder Edition
(08-04-2015, 05:24 AM)Archmagel Wrote:
(08-03-2015, 08:31 AM)Whats in the box? Wrote: Also- Rusty clockworks... they ALWAYS grind my gears!

Oh, I like you! You're punny!

The whole Oracle class. It just looks at the divine casters and says "Anything you can do, I can become a god at".

Friend of a relative did this: Play gestalt game, be Oracle, ask just for another mystery tree instead of class, choose Lame curse, wreck face to level 20 because of choosing Lore (a wizard, with armor bonuses) and Metal (become fighter, but better, and get 3 feats free), party wipes because of bad rolls, everyone has to make new characters, but wait...he was Enlightened Philosopher archetype, revives after 3 days, new body, no more Lame, has an AC of 35 in full plate thanks to adding his Cha to it and the armor gets +7 from the Metal mystery with no enhancement or buff, speed of 40ft, almost full BAB of a fighter (not counting the +'s to attack bonus if he makes the weapon or has an enhanced one), can't be fatigued or exhausted, take 20 on knowledge checks that are also now based on charisma, can cast up to an 8th level wizard/sorc spell (not counting his free Wish a day), and is just a better cleric.

I agree! I just wasn't sure that was a sentiment that was shared by others. I REALLY like the Oracle class in the way that it complexly weaves penalty and benefits but... One of our party members always makes this insane GOD oracle and I am like: Man... your role is stepping on toes!

Though without that Divine Protection feat... HA! Good luck with your saves! MUAHAHAHAHA! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!...

Lets see... other things that grind gears. Poison rules... it seems like this very intricately developed system that no one uses because it DOESN'T WORK! All poisons have pathetic DCs and the method of enhancing those DCs means that the ONLY thing your character knows how to do is use poison... which is a VERY peculiar specialty that is hard to RP in a cooperative way:

"Man, I am really having trouble sleeping."
Witch: "I could hex you with slumber?"
Cleric: "I could pray with you until divine rest unfolds?"
Poisoner: "I could stab you with my Drow Poison laced knife."
"Wouldn't that like... REALLY hurt?"
Poisoner: "Oh... yeah... absolutely but you will be 'asleep'"
"I question why you said 'asleep' instead of asleep?"
Poisoner: "Well... it isn't sleep so much as a short term coma."
"I am gonna try that witch thing, and hope tomorrow you have something nicer to add to party problem solving."

Messages In This Thread
RE: What grinds your gears?-Pathfinder Edition - by What's in the box? - 08-04-2015, 09:35 AM