Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miscellaneous Questions/comments
1: Skipping this one, I don't really run games often and it varies dependent on my mood or inspiration when I do.

2: There used to be rules allowing multiple Materia in a single item, depending on its size, the category of armor, etc... this was proven to be much too powerful overall. If you're deadset on allowing it in your games, just find what looks good to you- these do ultimately function much differently than they did in FF7 so we shouldn't be going around toting as many of them.

3: If the GM allows feats to do such a thing, then yes that could work... but Magitek are large and often clunky. Short of unique boss enemies giving them Perfect Maneuverability, something typically reserved for small things like Fairies, is likely not a good idea.

4: I heard of someone using a Black Mage(with FFd20 spells) in a PF group, and it working out alright. On a class-to-class basis though the FFd20 counterparts are muuuuch stronger than the PF inspirations, since many of our classes are basically just Core/base classes plus several key abilities from some archetypes, and Limit Breaks. I'd use caution when combining the two, PF is the base system but FFd20 has gone far beyond it.

5: I think this has come up before, and as Mythic is completely broken for the time being, there were no plans I'd heard of with making FFd20 Mythic.

6: http://www.finalfantasyd20.com/ffd20/skills.html
This should contain all the 'new' skills, and the existing ones with altered uses such as UMD and Spellcraft.

7: There was originally a plan to make a Tech pdf actually, but the separate pdfs on the site are just easier for Vil to manage rather than making more giant books. Editing and revising the mainfile is something of a dread for him at times >.>

8: Thank ya vurry much. Not that I've done that much, I just answer occasional questions and yell at Vil when he's being a big dumb dumb.

9: I don't know of many ongoing ones, rpol and myth-weavers have had them from time to time but they rarely pan out... a curse of the pbp format. If you were to run one on rpol I'd be up for joining, always loved Magitek so I could have ideas.

10: "If he fails this check the charge or scroll is expended as if he failed to activate the item. If he succeeds the scroll or wand is used but is not expended."

So you increase the standard DC by 10, if you succeed? The charge isn't spent, it's like a free Materia/Scroll/Wand use. If you fail the increased DC, even if you would have beaten beaten the original DC, the charge is consumed and nothing happens. '...expended as if he failed to activate the item.' Being the key phrase here, since if you fail the attempt is wasted and the charge is lost.

Messages In This Thread
Miscellaneous Questions/comments - by PocketsMeow - 07-17-2015, 06:12 PM
RE: Miscellaneous Questions/comments - by dairius_chi - 07-17-2015, 07:32 PM
RE: Miscellaneous Questions/comments - by Viladin - 07-19-2015, 07:10 PM