Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
some questions, gonna update here and there as I go
Alchemical Bullet and Grenade Gun work with Firearms, Explosive Missile works with Bows and Crossbows.

Firearms target Touch AC within a certain range, which is a pretty big benefit, and at least in FFd20 generally have better damage, plus a 'clip' which allows multiple shots before needing to be reloaded.

Some wordings here are an issue with copy-pasting from PF to FFd20, in PF there aren't any Alchemical items that have AoE, aside from Splash Weapons. For Alchemical Bullet the intent is likely to eliminate any AoE, so it's most beneficial when using the single-target items anyways like Bomb Fragment(Fire III, 5d6+10 damage, might set them on fire).

Now, to be fair, I have had multiple GMs allow Explosive Missile to work with Firearms as well, but that is a GM call and not an engrained rule.

Technomancer/Chemist combo: Yes, their CL would likely stack for the sake of crafting Alchemical Items, though that doesn't affect features related to it like Alchemical Mixture, to create more powerful temporary items.

EDIT: You get a pool of Invent Points which applies to all collective Busters, but that doesn't lower your pool for Constructs, Suits, or Gadgets. If you have 10 Invent Points you have 10 points for each category, which can be used to make one big item or multiple small ones.

Messages In This Thread
RE: some questions, gonna update here and there as I go - by dairius_chi - 05-20-2015, 02:25 AM