Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
some questions, gonna update here and there as I go
I was rereading chemist now to decide which does my idea better (Magic gunner) chemist or technomancer.
and I noticed that I failed ot notice this ability last time

Mix (Ex): At 9th level, as a full-round action, a chemist can mix two alchemical items together for a dual effect or create a new alchemical item of a higher tier. When creating a new alchemical item, the chemist must have two alchemical items of the same tier (1 or 2) which then creates any alchemical item of a higher tier. The chemist must make a Craft (alchemy) skill check (DC 20 for tier 1, DC 25 for tier 2, and DC 30 for tier 3) or both potions are ruined.

So.. I can make eye drops (like 50gold to craft both or something), then combine that to make a tier 2 item worth a lot more. and it won't disappear or anything?

======

If so that probalby does my idea much better... Though it sure allows some gil bypassments. Considering I think if im reading this right I can use craft rolls and 50gil to turn eyedrops into a 2nd level ether. Sure you have to be a lv 9 chemist of course. Noclue if that is a balance issue or not though but felt like mentioning it. At first I thought maybe only the chemist was able to use it (on themselves or on targets, or via bullets); I'll likely play it that way and not hand things out like candy. Unless they spend their own momney on the craft cost.. and my gm doesn't mind it. Hate to throw off the gil values he had in mind.

It is neat that you could in theory, use the free alchemical items per day ability to combine into a higher level thing, a few levels before your normally able to.
not really usable in battle but post battle, good for healing or mp recharge. Or i guess a well timed opening "magic shot"
===
As my main concern was gil cost.. but if I can make teir 2 or 3 alchemical items (To stick on bullets) cheaper like that.. I think it'll work better than technomancer based (which gives me one awesome damaging weapon, but less modularity).
also.. amusingly.. I can make a merciful (if enchantment exists in my game haven't asked yet) pistol, loaded with rounds that have a double dose of Cure potion to do 2d8+10healings

Though these are pretty darn costy bullets.. but it feels pretty cool, and maybe a bit outlaw star though (not that its a bad thing really), plus the innate grenades can be used majority of the time (likely standard grenade for me will be force. Or status effects (poison, confuse etc. as it scales much better than the items). The alchemical item version can do a bit more damage and save me discoveries for other elements
insofar as I know I can't "double load" a bullet with an alchemical item and a bomb. even with grenade gun. So no super mega bullet but its pretty darn neat anyway.
====
alchemical bullet/grenade gun. I can premake the alchemical item bullet, but then i have to take whatever loading action i have (move, swift, etc, rapid reload applies) to load the bullet. right? I don't get to "load and fire" as a standard action like the bomb version.

===
I really wish this style of alchemical items (even if it was specific to a class) and the technomancer existed in pathfidner..
the chemist is soo much cooler with the alchemical items than alchemists with infusions.

but a question:Luck Mallet: contact; cures Mini status; moderate healing; moderate healing; CL 6th; Craft Alchemical Item; esuna; Price 300 gil.
the "moderate healing; moderate healing" listed in this item and various others. Is simply how they detect via detect magic?

Force buster guy...
Or magic bullet rifle (or shotgun, with shot shells and magic slugs if small area campaign), and a "support" pistol.
the techonmancer will use the crafted explosives more effectively... but only a little
Leaning towards chemist I think.

Thanks for all the awesome info on stuff!
Ah I hope we level faster!

Messages In This Thread
RE: some questions, gonna update here and there as I go - by Zwordsman - 05-19-2015, 07:10 PM