Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gunblade Knight-PRC
-Gunblade Junction: Oooh, I really like the new Perfect Junction, I mean more damage is alright but pretty bland, THIS is something you can't get anywhere else... least not easily, think there might be a feat that lets you AoO with a ranged weapon but takes a lot of investment.

-Spellcasting Junction: Not sure how I missed Draw MP since FF8 that was entirely how magic worked, but that's a great idea. I'd say a Will Save to halve the MP drain would work just as fine though, nothing quite as sad as a limited PrC capstone being halted by luck or super high saving throws. And let's face it, most enemies that are a real threat are just gonna have Infinite MP anyways(or go the game route of basic lvl 8 Flans having like 10,000 MP)

And as far as the Save DC goes, maybe it should run off whatever your Casting Stat was from the class you're progressing?

-Fighter Junction: Hmm, I think I just realized something: Is this meant to give the benefits to non-Fighters using JUST their Gunblade Knight Level? Or is it only meant to work for people who had Fighter Levels going in?

Because if it's meant to help non-Fighters(limited Chosen Weapon bonuses, limited Fighter Feat Access) then just giving you two more Limit Breaks is a bit much. And if it's the latter, it should probably list Fighter levels as a prerequisite for taking it.

-Deadly Trigger Junction: Liking the look of this, something I'd definitely consider taking on any non-caster Gunblade Knights, and I really like the Perfect Junction.

-Talent Junction: I think adding the Combat/Metamagic Feats was a good move, adds a lot more versatility to it. While Knight/Thief Talents do feel a little iffy as well I'd say it... could work, maybe, just a little?

Red Mages are excluded slightly what with not getting Mage Talents, but Red Mageries would be a bit too much. Ruby Arcana only come every 3rd level, but they can be obtained via Feat so if you were to try and include them that'd likely be the best way.

-Tech Junction: I like the Perfect Junction idea, the wording is a little janky but the intent is clear.

-Grenade Shot: I like it, very useful and definitely worth upping the Save DC via Tech Junction for that knock Prone on a direct hit.

-Thunder Slash: Very nice, getting Blade Damage, Gun Damage, and Elemental Damage off in one strike, for the tradeoff that it's Melee and targets their full AC, also single target. All in all? A really nice looking tech, and again the secondary effect is worth getting the Save DC up.

-Grieving Blade: This turned out good, though I can't name any instances where Neutral Alignment bypasses DR, it's better than them simply not getting an Energy Blade. This one I'd suggest putting a minimum Gunblade Knight level on being able to use, maybe like 6+? Otherwise it's a pretty big boost to damage that could be abused with a small dip into the class.

I really wanna play a SOLDIER/Gunblade Knight now. Get a Gunblade, eventually make it Huge-sized (2d6 blade/3d6 gun), get the Impact weapon Enhancement on it (3d6/4d6), take Gunblade Junction twice (4d8/4d6), then use Grieving Blade (6d8/6d6) XD It's a freaking Buster Sword on crack with a mofo cannon taped onto the bottom.

Messages In This Thread
Gunblade Knight-PRC - by NeloAngelo - 05-01-2015, 07:39 PM
RE: Gunblade Knight-PRC - by NeloAngelo - 05-10-2015, 05:45 PM
RE: Gunblade Knight-PRC - by silverwerret - 05-10-2015, 11:30 PM
RE: Gunblade Knight-PRC - by NeloAngelo - 05-10-2015, 11:58 PM
RE: Gunblade Knight-PRC - by dairius_chi - 05-14-2015, 10:27 PM
RE: Gunblade Knight-PRC - by NeloAngelo - 05-15-2015, 03:09 AM
RE: Gunblade Knight-PRC - by NeloAngelo - 05-15-2015, 06:56 PM
RE: Gunblade Knight-PRC - by NeloAngelo - 05-22-2015, 12:06 AM
RE: Gunblade Knight-PRC - by dairius_chi - 05-22-2015, 12:39 AM
RE: Gunblade Knight-PRC - by NeloAngelo - 05-22-2015, 06:33 PM
RE: Gunblade Knight-PRC - by dairius_chi - 05-22-2015, 07:12 PM