Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request; Remove Alignment from Dark Knight
If I may add an example to as it depends on the player, it also depends on the campaign. T o use a D&D adventure I was in. I was playing a Lawful good Paladin, where as my friend was playing a Lawful evil Warlock. The goal of the campaign was to defeat a Black Dragon. That was slaughtering a town. The rest of the party consisted of a Lawful Neutral Ranger, and a Chaotic Good Drow Cleric who's back story had her rescued by a group of Human's when I Mind Flayer was talking control of her home. Each of the characters had different goals for wanting to defeat the Black Dragon. The Paladin a sense of duty, to protect innocents, and to slay the dragon, the Ranger was being paid by survivor's of the town to deal with the Dragon. The Drow because her adoptive parents where killed by the dragon, and the Warlock cause he wanted to establish order to the town, and deal with the Black Dragon since the Dragon was hindering the advance of the forces of Hextor, on a kingdom of Heironious. The Paladin and the Warlock actually got along pretty well. They eventually realized that their goals where the same it was just their methods behind it. They wanted the town to have order. But the methods behind it, and what happened to the town was different. In fact the Chaotic Good character got in the most argument's with the Lawful Evil.

Now since form what I've read of the FFd20 materiel. Since their is a lack of Deity's in here. But for example we can use my favorite Villain Exdeath as an example. Exdeath is Neutral Evil in my groups opinion since he seems to be True Evil. And is not discriminating against destroying Good or Evil. He wants to destroy everythign including himself an dreturn it to the Void. Cecil as a Dark Knight who's Lawful Evil, Zidane who is Chaotic Good, and Aerith who is Lawful Good, and and Shadow who is Chaotic Neutral. Could all have a reason to go off and adventure together to stop Exdeath. Each for their own reason's. But let's say we change Cecil's mentality to something more like Kefka's who is Chaotic Evil. But leave him as a Dark Knight. The Dark Knight who is Chaotic Evil is more likely to attack the party, and try to kill them, and join the Neutral Evil Exdeath like villain. Since Chaotic Evil would see the destruction of the whole world as the biggest party that ever happened. Where Lawful would be angry since this is threatening the balance and order that keeps society together. As a rule of thumb Good and Evil can more traditional get along better than Law and Chaos.

Also when it comes to the player. You need to make sure say for the FFd20 system that the person playing the Lawful Evil Dark Knight, and say if their is a Lawful Good Holy Knight. Are going to be able to see that the goal or mission of the campaign takes precedence over their disagreements if it threatens their world, or everything that they know as their world, and that they aren't going to try and smite each other for no other reason that they are opposite side's, and are unable to prioritize their enemy's or opposition correctly.

I hope that this helps explain how a Lawful Evil Character like a Dark Knight could work together with Good character's to accomplish a goal or mission. Once again Thank you guys for your time. Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Request; Remove Alignment from Dark Knight - by Landrick - 05-17-2013, 10:18 PM