Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuke race
(05-14-2013, 01:03 PM)Kupo Wrote: It is useful, very much, kupo! I will change a few things around from this input. I don't know if they are really constructs, because I always figured they were more magical in nature (their 'bodies' are souls which the armor covers. Also, there is those furry hands they have.)

It was mainly an idea, though not one I was particularly fond of because there wasn't any concrete fact about it. If anything, they just have special rules for their bodies as was addressed.

(05-14-2013, 01:03 PM)Kupo Wrote: I was planning on giving Yukes an initial penalty to wearing armor because their bodies were armor; however, I think that a good idea is to make them use a ritual of sorts (like, when they have an 8-hour rest) to change their armor when it's higher than medium weight.

Well, the penalties could be related to their speed (they are considered a slower race) and would more-than-likely be coupled with a hit to their skills (assuming armor still imposes penalties like that in Pathfinder). In regards to changing their armor, something like that could work though with a stipulation that they do so in private as is their nature (or in with only the audience of those really close to them, GM/Player's call).

(05-14-2013, 01:03 PM)Kupo Wrote: Also; Crystal Bearers (I believe) also notes that Yukes may 'transfer' their souls when they die, leading them to revive with a different armor. I thought that an additional feature (more of fluff) would be that after they die (like, die die, not just Phoenix down die, but full-fledged resurrection spell die), they would have different armor on.

I'm not familiar with this, but it is definitely more of a fluff feature. If they die and do transfer, it could lead to some sort of story elements and have less of a "character death, re-roll" scenario. So long as everything has its checks and balances, the feature seems sound.

(05-14-2013, 01:03 PM)Kupo Wrote: Finally, I thought that a big part of the Yuke race (besides physical weakness and their turning invisible to block) in Crystal Chronicles was how they charged spells more quickly and could cast them farther. I was thinking I could add a 25% (1/4) boost to their spell ranges and / or a 25% (1/4) decrease in spell casting time (for long spells of over an hour): would this be too powerful, in your opinion? Besides what I have posted here, they probably wouldn't have too much else to them.

That sounds like something which could be handled by a Favored Class Option.

Messages In This Thread
Yuke race - by Kupo - 05-10-2013, 08:35 AM
RE: Yuke race - by Kupo - 05-10-2013, 10:49 AM
RE: Yuke race - by Kupo - 05-13-2013, 01:13 PM
RE: Yuke race - by ZeronosVega - 05-14-2013, 12:15 PM
RE: Yuke race - by Kupo - 05-14-2013, 01:03 PM
RE: Yuke race - by ZeronosVega - 05-14-2013, 01:55 PM
RE: Yuke race - by Biyama - 03-26-2016, 10:39 AM
RE: Yuke race - by 18colemant - 03-22-2016, 10:58 AM
RE: Yuke race - by Manly Man - 03-22-2016, 12:11 PM