Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recurring Equipment in the FF canon
(05-09-2013, 09:34 PM)Kaiser6012 Wrote: Cool cool. Modifying now. The only thing I wasn't 100% sure on was the addition of the holy enhancement - I'm not sure if that will be a thing or not, but as it is I think it embodies what the Excalibur chain is, so I decided to go out on a limb.

For my next trick, something a little more low key - The Rising Sun. As with the Excalibur, I might need to expand the equipment list to include chakram, throwing discs very much like the Rising Sun. As such:

Chakram

A chakram is a metal disc, bladed all the way around and thrown at an enemy. Though it is not recommended or designed for melee combat, it can be used as a melee weapon. However, if used as such the wielder suffers a -1 penalty to attack rolls and must make a DC 15 reflex save or suffer 1/2 damage from the chakram cutting into the user's hand. If the user is wearing plate armor or any armored gauntlet, the reflex save is automatically succeeded.

Weapon Stats: Damage 1d8 (1d6 small) slashing, Critical modifier x2, Range increment 30 ft. (thrown), Cost 1 gp, weight 1 lb.

Now, for the main event:

Rising Sun
This throwing disc is faintly warm to the touch, as if it has been left out in the midday sun for some hours. This, combined with the chakram's radiating flame motif, brings to mind a blazing sun in metallic form.
The Rising Sun is a chakram that channels the power of the sun to burn enemies and purify evil. Sometimes found as a blade attached to a metal glove, the Rising Sun is known as a powerful tool in the fight against evil, though the flame can burn the righteous as well as it can the despotic.
The Rising Sun is a +3 flaming returning chakram. If used in melee, the fire damage is also dealt to the user on an unsuccessful save.
Cost: 50,301 gil.
Alternately, it is not unknown to discover lesser forms of the rising sun as gauntlets. In this instance, these weapons are considered +1 flaming combat gloves that deal slashing damage instead of bludgeoning.
Cost: 8,306 gil

Also note that I am open to do requests - and not just for weapons, either! Armor, shields, accessories - you name it, I'll stat it up if I can! I'll get to what I can between my other projects and hopefully we can fill up the ranks of all the common (and maybe even not-so-common) FF equipment.

I'd really like to see the original buster sword as a legendary type weapon since in crisis core it has such a huge backstory and possibly ultima weapon from ff7.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Recurring Equipment in the FF canon - by Orion - 05-27-2014, 10:50 AM