Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rune Knight - Holy Knight Archetype
(04-28-2013, 08:38 AM)Nihilarian Wrote:
(04-28-2013, 07:35 AM)Viladin Wrote: I like the idea, but using Holy Knight for the base, you wouldn't get any bard songs at 1st level as Holy Knights get their spell level at 4th level.
I was thinking that Scribe Rune and Song Magic weren't related. Otherwise, "The level of the song the Rune Knight can have affect his weapon/armor increases at 4th level, and every three level thereafter." wouldn't be necessary.

I'll try to answer these questions in order before I edit it.

Q"Does it have any basis in Final Fantasy?"
A I got the idea from Dycedarg Beoulve from Tactics.

Q"Does it last all day? Can you choose any song at any time? Can you use this more than once a day?"
A Yes,No,Yes but you would need to pray for another 2 hours. I will edit to clearly define that.

Q"At 19th level, you can have up to 7 runes of 7th level or lower up at once? (I'd suggest limiting it to 1 song/song level)"
A I like your idea, it would balance it better

Q "Is it supposed to have separate benefits if you bind it to your weapon instead?
A Offensive Songs go to weapon, Defensive to Armor. Again I need to work on my editing skills.

Q "But this is treated separately from Scribe Rune, right? You can have both active at the same time?"
A The effects of Scribe Rune only affect a Rune Knight using the weapon or wearing the armor. By giving them other bard songs they can buff the rest of the party as well. You could use a bard song that you have already scribed, but being the same spell the effects would not stack you would just buff the rest of the party.

Now to start editing.

Messages In This Thread
Rune Knight - Holy Knight Archetype - by Endwave - 04-28-2013, 12:58 AM
RE: Rune Knight - Holy Knight Archetype - by Endwave - 04-28-2013, 11:50 AM
RE: Rune Knight - Holy Knight Archetype - by lasa - 10-04-2013, 04:25 AM