Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firearms
Is Autofire an available action?
Going to be changing over to the Pathfinder rules for firearms, so not sure atm.
Got it.

Did you know Double Tap and Burst Fire are usable on every attack in a full-attack action? The gunner gets up to 6 attacks (7 with rapid shot, 8 with multiclassing) so the right build could be dealing 8x(6d4 + 6d6) damage a round (quick drawing non-magical pistols every round instead of reloading). I don't know whether this was intentional, but if not this could be a chance to re-balance some things. For example, instead of a feat, the gunner could get the Double Tap ability, which grants him the use of the Manyshot feat but usable with guns (and only guns).
(02-21-2013, 05:14 PM)Nihilarian Wrote: Got it.

Did you know Double Tap and Burst Fire are usable on every attack in a full-attack action? The gunner gets up to 6 attacks (7 with rapid shot, 8 with multiclassing) so the right build could be dealing 8x(6d4 + 6d6) damage a round (quick drawing non-magical pistols every round instead of reloading). I don't know whether this was intentional, but if not this could be a chance to re-balance some things. For example, instead of a feat, the gunner could get the Double Tap ability, which grants him the use of the Manyshot feat but usable with guns (and only guns).

I was already going to rebalance Gunner, gonna take the Grit system from Gunslinger. But that will also need trimming Smile thanks