Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gunner
I'm not sure if you put it anywhere what kind of action it takes to reload a gun. Since the guns have magazines, I'm assuming it's a move action? Does it take more time to reload a two-handed weapon?

Depending on your answers, you might want to take a look at the Fast Rifle and Lightning Reload Deeds. Especially the latter, as it refers to loading barrels and your guns have magazines.
(10-07-2013, 04:07 PM)Nihilarian Wrote: I'm not sure if you put it anywhere what kind of action it takes to reload a gun. Since the guns have magazines, I'm assuming it's a move action? Does it take more time to reload a two-handed weapon?

Depending on your answers, you might want to take a look at the Fast Rifle and Lightning Reload Deeds. Especially the latter, as it refers to loading barrels and your guns have magazines.

Advanced firearms are chamber-loaded. It is a move action to load a one-handed or two-handed advanced firearm to its full capacity.
Then neither deed is necessary.
There's a couple Deeds that have no use, or need to be altered to function properly with advanced firearms.

Deadeye needs to be changed so that it starts at the 6th range increment, since advanced firearms hit touch out to the first five. Otherwise you're paying 6 grit to get any benefit from a 1st level Deed.

Fast Rifle just needs to be removed, as it does nothing with advanced firearms.

Expert Loading is also useless with advanced firearms, since they only ever gain the broken condition from misfires.

Lightning Reload is useless.

I don't think it would hurt anything to just remove them all. Gunners get plenty of Deeds, and aren't getting any use from these ones anyways.
Hmm, I'll have to change something. Didn't realize advanced firearms used touch ac.
All firearms do. Early only hits touch within the first range increment, and has a max range of five increments, while advanced hit touch within the first five, and go out to ten.

Advanced firearms fit better though, since (as far as I can remember) pretty much every gun you ever see in any of the final fantasy games was at the very least revolver era, and revolvers are advanced. Early firearms are all flintlocks and muskets.
Are firearms using the touch AC in this setting? It was one of the questions I had while browsing over the classes, and were the firearms advanced firearms and do they work the same way as in Ultimate Combat?
(01-12-2014, 11:49 AM)holyknight3 Wrote: Are firearms using the touch AC in this setting? It was one of the questions I had while browsing over the classes, and were the firearms advanced firearms and do they work the same way as in Ultimate Combat?

For now, the question is yes.
Hallo, I'm trying to build a Warmech with a Gunner subjob, but I've run into a problem where the latter's "Gunner Style" class feature clashes with the former. The Warmech's Battle Armor takes up the Armor slot (and presumably counts as heavy for this purpose), while the Gunner Style feature only works while the character wears Light armor. I could just wear light armor when out of the robot, but it apparently takes a full blessed minute to take the dang stuff off again, so it's not useful when in a fight.

I had a look around, and Gunner Style seems very similar to the PF Ranger's "Combat Style Feat" power, except that one states that not wearing any armor will let you get the bonuses too. So my question is, should Gunner Style also work without wearing armor, or is it only meant to work as it is currently written?
(03-17-2019, 05:53 PM)Moppy Wrote: Hallo, I'm trying to build a Warmech with a Gunner subjob, but I've run into a problem where the latter's "Gunner Style" class feature clashes with the former. The Warmech's Battle Armor takes up the Armor slot (and presumably counts as heavy for this purpose), while the Gunner Style feature only works while the character wears Light armor. I could just wear light armor when out of the robot, but it apparently takes a full blessed minute to take the dang stuff off again, so it's not useful when in a fight.

I had a look around, and Gunner Style seems very similar to the PF Ranger's "Combat Style Feat" power, except that one states that not wearing any armor will let you get the bonuses too. So my question is, should Gunner Style also work without wearing armor, or is it only meant to work as it is currently written?

Only works as currently written.