Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automaton's and Spells
So first off I want to say I love pretty much everything I've seen about all of this. Its an amazing amount of work and a lot of it really just makes sense in a super satisfying way, which is impressive considering how many concepts are being combined for some of it. Anyways, I love Puppetmasters, FFXI was great. I did have a question regarding the Automatons though.

How should their spells known be tracked?

As an example Ill use the character I'm making for a game. He's a level 12 Puppet Master. So if I understand that correctly when using the Black Mage Program the Automaton would gain MP and use spells as though it was a 9th Level Black Mage. Can it just use any spell on the BM Spell List up to fifth level [the most a 9th level BM can cast]? Or does it pick out spells as if it had leveled up to 9th level as a Black Mage. While the later would make sense, neither is specified and it would also be a odd bit of mental book keeping. Then again with all the Programs I feel like you have to be okay with book keeping as a Puppetmaster. Still, I'd like to know one way or the other.
(10-24-2018, 02:53 PM)TheUnthinker Wrote: So first off I want to say I love pretty much everything I've seen about all of this. Its an amazing amount of work and a lot of it really just makes sense in a super satisfying way, which is impressive considering how many concepts are being combined for some of it. Anyways, I love Puppetmasters, FFXI was great. I did have a question regarding the Automatons though.

How should their spells known be tracked?

As an example Ill use the character I'm making for a game. He's a level 12 Puppet Master. So if I understand that correctly when using the Black Mage Program the Automaton would gain MP and use spells as though it was a 9th Level Black Mage. Can it just use any spell on the BM Spell List up to fifth level [the most a 9th level BM can cast]? Or does it pick out spells as if it had leveled up to 9th level as a Black Mage. While the later would make sense, neither is specified and it would also be a odd bit of mental book keeping. Then again with all the Programs I feel like you have to be okay with book keeping as a Puppetmaster. Still, I'd like to know one way or the other.

Pick and buy spells as you level. And yes, its alot of bookkeeping.