Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sword Saint Talent Questions
I have a few questions in regards to a few Sword Saint talents, just to make sure i'm clear on their function:

With the Command talent, is the threat range increased before or after abilities like Keen or Improved Critical?

With Destroyer, is the damage multiplied after it is totaled? So a critical with a Knight Sword with 18 strength, for example, would do the 2d10+8, then multiply the whole thing by 1.5? Is extra damage like Flaming or Holy multiplied as well? Also, Destroyer doesn't specify it's part of Control, does that mean it would continue to benefit me if I activated Might instead?

Are sustained modes effectively permanent? Once the stamina is effectively reserved, does the ability remain on until I deactivate it?

Will there ever be a set of talents dedicated to dual-wielding, or is that considered effectively covered already?
(06-30-2018, 03:14 AM)IanMcClaren Wrote: I have a few questions in regards to a few Sword Saint talents, just to make sure i'm clear on their function:

With the Command talent, is the threat range increased before or after abilities like Keen or Improved Critical?

With Destroyer, is the damage multiplied after it is totaled? So a critical with a Knight Sword with 18 strength, for example, would do the 2d10+8, then multiply the whole thing by 1.5? Is extra damage like Flaming or Holy multiplied as well? Also, Destroyer doesn't specify it's part of Control, does that mean it would continue to benefit me if I activated Might instead?

Are sustained modes effectively permanent? Once the stamina is effectively reserved, does the ability remain on until I deactivate it?

Will there ever be a set of talents dedicated to dual-wielding, or is that considered effectively covered already?

Command: It stacks with Keen or Improved Critical if thats what you're asking.

Destroyer: It stacks with the weapon's current critical hit multiplier. So for example, a Greatsword is 2x, with Destroyer, it would be 3,5 x the damage. Precision and elemental effects are not multiplied as normal. And yes, you can activate Might instead.

Sustained modes last until you rest (or unconscious) or you deactivate it.

And yes, there will be a Duel-wielding set of talents as a Thief (or Ninja) archetype someday soon.

Thanks for the reply! As for Command, I meant specifically at what point. With a Knight Sword and Improved Critical, would Command be applied last, making it a 16-20? Or is it applied before, making it a 15-20?
(06-30-2018, 10:14 AM)IanMcClaren Wrote: Thanks for the reply! As for Command, I meant specifically at what point. With a Knight Sword and Improved Critical, would Command be applied last, making it a 16-20? Or is it applied before, making it a 15-20?

Always applied last.