Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gold to Gil Conversions
So, I've been looking through the website, and nowhere can I find anything that lists the equivalent conversion from Gold to Gil for items and equipment.

Also, is there a thread anywhere with more extensive specific magic armor/weapons such as Mage Masher and such?
Its roughly 1.2-1.5 gold to gil.
In FFd20, the gil-to-gold piece ratio is, to most folks, 1:1, although as Vil said, the actual ratio is a bit off. As far as the specific weapons and such, I don't really think there's a single thread with a lot of them. Most such things are in threads of their own.

However, there are a few pages with a lot of iconic equipment and items here on the site. While a lot of the more well-known weapons- such as the Mage Masher- aren't present, there is a list of all the Royal Arms, which are from XV.

A great deal of the classic weaponry's effects can be replicated through Pathfinder's normal enchantment rules, if you're definitely set on that. For example, to get the Silence chance per hit on a dagger to make the Mage Masher, you would need 48,000 gil, if we're keeping it practical with the 1:1 ratio. Silence is a 2nd-level spell, and can be cast, at earliest, by a 3rd-level caster, which means that the formula for the price, seeing as it's a continuous spell effect on the weapon, would be spell level (2) x caster level (3) x 2,000. This equates to 12,000. Because silence is a spell whose duration is measured in rounds, you quadruple that price for a total of 48,000. If you wish for something cheaper, another idea is to have the Silence effect happen on a critical hit, which makes if a spell trigger enchantment, and the price is then spell level x caster level x 750. This results in a much more affordable price of 4,500, but it will only come into play on occasion. Either way, the saving throw against the effect would also be a lowly DC 13 Will save (it's a 2nd-level spell, and the minimum ability modifier one would have when casting the spell is +1) that lasts for 3 rounds, unless other measures are taken to improve that (for example, having the caster bump the DC up through use of Heighten Spell), or perhaps using silencega instead. Using the higher spell would increase the gold of either one, but it would also increase the chances of the effect landing. In this case, it's a 4th-level spell, and requires a 7th-level caster. With those in mind, for it to be a continuous effect that can happen on any hit, you would need to spend 112,000 gil on the enchantment, or you could go for the more modest sum of 21,000 gil to have it come into effect on a critical, and you would get a less pitiful DC 16 Will save going in either direction, and they would be given the Silence effect for 7 rounds.

I admit, having the items there for you already would be highly convenient, but again, it's not too hard to have them crafted on their own, so long as you know the rules for making magic items.
Thanks for the info, it's pretty useful. I'll probably come up with a big list at some point for myself to use, and I might post it here if I feel it's complete enough.