Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Mage/VMC and Holy Knight
Hey all Smile I hope I put this in the right forum if not I'm sorry ><

I'm newly registered, and me and my friends are loving this homebrew system for Pathfinder. We have an active campaign going right now.

However as I've spent time reading the classes and other relevant information I had some things I wanted to bring up. I can't seem to find any relevant information in patch notes or other forum topics so I wanted to chime in myself.

1. The White Mage Variant Multiclass
- The class is listed to have "Holy Burst" as a learned skill as you sub-job into it, but I can't find "Holy Burst" anywhere on the White Mage's page effectively rendering this variant as something that doesn't seem possible.

2. The Holy Knight and it's Sword Techs
- Also Holy Knight appears to have "Holy Burst" listed on it's table as a learned level 5 skill but again it's absent.

- In addition the Judgment Blade ability doesn't appear to have a damage cap of 5D6 like the other techs, was this intentional?

- And if I may, Holy Knight gets "Divine Sacrifice". It's a nice flavor skill but it's an exact copy of Dark Knight's Souleater, is there anything else that might be more fitting here? The class has plenty of offensive options as it stands.

I like the idea of Sentinel from ff11 (grants a high AC or DR bonus that decays by a set number every turn that passes) -or- A Cover like ability instead of the instant spell cast that you get at level 2 Holy Knight magic, but just my two cents.

* As far as I can tell "Holy Burst" was a variation of Channel Positive Energy, but the White Mage doesn't even that compared to what Holy Knight gets, so I wanted to bring this question forward to Vil. 
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
(I am playing a Holy Knight/Archon in the current campaign and was looking into White Mage variant, hence why I found these x3)

Thanks!
(08-28-2017, 02:30 AM)Renludrake Wrote: Hey all Smile I hope I put this in the right forum if not I'm sorry ><

I'm newly registered, and me and my friends are loving this homebrew system for Pathfinder. We have an active campaign going right now.

However as I've spent time reading the classes and other relevant information I had some things I wanted to bring up. I can't seem to find any relevant information in patch notes or other forum topics so I wanted to chime in myself.

1. The White Mage Variant Multiclass
- The class is listed to have "Holy Burst" as a learned skill as you sub-job into it, but I can't find "Holy Burst" anywhere on the White Mage's page effectively rendering this variant as something that doesn't seem possible.

2. The Holy Knight and it's Sword Techs
- Also Holy Knight appears to have "Holy Burst" listed on it's table as a learned level 5 skill but again it's absent.

- In addition the Judgment Blade ability doesn't appear to have a damage cap of 5D6 like the other techs, was this intentional?

- And if I may, Holy Knight gets "Divine Sacrifice". It's a nice flavor skill but it's an exact copy of Dark Knight's Souleater, is there anything else that might be more fitting here? The class has plenty of offensive options as it stands.

I like the idea of Sentinel from ff11 (grants a high AC or DR bonus that decays by a set number every turn that passes) -or- A Cover like ability instead of the instant spell cast that you get at level 2 Holy Knight magic, but just my two cents.

* As far as I can tell "Holy Burst" was a variation of Channel Positive Energy, but the White Mage doesn't even that compared to what Holy Knight gets, so I wanted to bring this question forward to Vil.   
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
(I am playing a Holy Knight/Archon in the current campaign and was looking into White Mage variant, hence why I found these x3)

Thanks!

1. Error, Holy Burst was changed into Lay on Hands. I forgot to make the change on Variant Multiclass
2. Holy Burst was renamed Channel Positive Energy, and just forgot to change it on the table.
2A. Judgment blade is suppose to have a cap, I'll make the change.

Edit: It appears I made the changes to Holy Knight, but haven't updated to the website.