Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple Magitek Operator question
Is the magitek armor suit Magitek Operator gets instead of their automaton able to be installed with magitek equipment like sensor arrays, weapons, and whatnot? I'm not really clear on this and from other posts in the forum, I'm reading this as the *intention*, but I'm not sure.

I'm really glad I found this site, the classes all seem really interesting.  Big Grin
(07-24-2017, 01:38 PM)Orolin Wrote: Is the magitek armor suit Magitek Operator gets instead of their automaton able to be installed with magitek equipment like sensor arrays, weapons, and whatnot? I'm not really clear on this and from other posts in the forum, I'm reading this as the *intention*, but I'm not sure.

I'm really glad I found this site, the classes all seem really interesting.  Big Grin

GM's discretion. But usually no, all it gets is what a normal Automaton can use, and the Engineer can ride inside it.
Alright, thanks Viladin!
(07-24-2017, 10:29 PM)Viladin Wrote:
(07-24-2017, 01:38 PM)Orolin Wrote: Is the magitek armor suit Magitek Operator gets instead of their automaton able to be installed with magitek equipment like sensor arrays, weapons, and whatnot? I'm not really clear on this and from other posts in the forum, I'm reading this as the *intention*, but I'm not sure.

GM's discretion. But usually no, all it gets is what a normal Automaton can use, and the Engineer can ride inside it.

OH

I do actually have a couple more questions. When it says you use your automaton's base attack bonus, do you get additional attacks at higher BAB? Can you actually wield weapons, or only use the slam attack while "suited up"?
(07-25-2017, 02:19 PM)Orolin Wrote:
(07-24-2017, 10:29 PM)Viladin Wrote:

OH

I do actually have a couple more questions. When it says you use your automaton's base attack bonus, do you get additional attacks at higher BAB? Can you actually wield weapons, or only use the slam attack while "suited up"?

You only ever get 1 attack, regardless of weapon.
Not actually a magitek operator question, but I don't want to make a whole new thread for it. The chemist ability, Alchemical Bullet. If you use it to infuse a bullet with a beneficial item, do you still deal attack damage to the target you fire it at? I'm just thinking about stuff like Potion Shell and Ether Shell in Tactics A2

Sorry for all the questions xD
(07-29-2017, 07:08 PM)Orolin Wrote: Not actually a magitek operator question, but I don't want to make a whole new thread for it. The chemist ability, Alchemical Bullet. If you use it to infuse a bullet with a beneficial item, do you still deal attack damage to the target you fire it at? I'm just thinking about stuff like Potion Shell and Ether Shell in Tactics A2

Sorry for all the questions xD

Yes, you still do damage.
Heeey Viladin! It's me again! Another day, another thing I gotta ask for clarification on! For the Samurai class, does the Draw Slash Bushido apply its to-hit bonus to your iaijutsu strike to all attacks made as part of Midare Setsugekka?
(08-17-2017, 04:43 PM)Orolin Wrote: Heeey Viladin! It's me again! Another day, another thing I gotta ask for clarification on! For the Samurai class, does the Draw Slash Bushido apply its to-hit bonus to your iaijutsu strike to all attacks made as part of Midare Setsugekka?

On the first iaijutsu strike only.