Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chocobos and more!
[color=#ffffff]I wanted to add in a section for chocobos, not sure how I'll start this but might be an interesting read for some. I've been doing some research on different types of nuts and greens used and I'll add in a table in here or something. I'll start with the list of items and costs(price may vary in each shop):[/color]

[color=#ffffff]Porov Nut 2000 gil[/color]
[color=#ffffff]Pram Nut 1500 gil[/color]
[color=#ffffff]Lasan Nut 600 gil[/color]
[color=#ffffff]Carob Nut 500 gil
Saraha Nut 400 gil
Luchile Nut 200 gil
Pepio Nut 100 gil[/color]
[color=#ffffff]Sylkis Greens 5000 gil[/color]
[color=#ffffff]Reagan Greens 3000 gil
Mimett Greens 1,500 gil
Curiel Greens 1,000 gil
Pahsana Greens 800 gil
Tantal Greens 400 gil
Krakka Greens 250 gil
Gysahl Greens 100 gil[/color]

[color=#ffffff]Porov Nut: ingested; fed to both chocobos to bred a rainbow chocobo; must have one gold chocobo trait.
[/color]
[color=#ffffff]Pram Nut: ingested; fed to both chocobos to bred a gold chocobo; must have both white and black chocobo traits.[/color]
[color=#ffffff]Zeio Nut: ingested; fed to both chocobos to bred a black or white chocobo; must have one purple or silver chocobo trait.[/color]
[color=#ffffff]Lasan Nut: ingested; fed to both chocobos to bred a purple or silver chocobo; must have one brown or red chocobo trait.[/color]
[color=#ffffff]Carob Nut: ingested; fed to both chocobos to bred a brown or red chocobo; must have one blue or green chocobo trait.
Saraha Nut: ingested; fed to both chocobos to bred a blue or green chocobo; must have one yellow or pink chocobo trait.[/color]
[color=#ffffff]Luchile Nut: ingested; fed to both chocobos to bred a pink chocobo.
Pepio Nut: ingested; fed to both chocobos to bred a color chocobo of your liking without the stat boost and color bonuses the other nuts give(this color can be something other than the colors shown above).[/color]
[color=#ffffff]Sylkis Greens: ingested; fully restores HP to a chocobo; increases all base stats by 2 & movement speed by 25 for six hours also increase your chance of finding a wild rainbow or lesser chocobo.
Reagan Greens: ingested; 8d8+20 HP to a chocobo; increases strength, dexterity, constitution, and wisdom by 2 & movement speed by 20 feet for 4 hours also increases your chance of finding a wild gold or lesser chocobo.
Mimett Greens: ingested; 6d8+16 HP to a chocobo; increases strength, constitution, and wisdom by 2 & movement speed by 15 feet for 4 hours also increases your chance of finding a wild black, white, or lesser chocobo.
Curiel Greens: ingested; 4d8+12 HP to a chocobo; increases strength, dexterity, and constitution by 2 & movement speed by 15 feet for 4 hours also increases your chance of finding a wild silver or lesser chocobo.
Pahsana Greens: ingested; 2d4+2 MP to a chocobo; increases intelligence, wisdom, and charisma by 2 & movement speed by 10 feet for 4 hours also increases your chance of finding a wild purple or lesser chocobo.
Tantal Greens: ingested; restores 2d8+8 HP to a chocobo; increases all base stats by 1 & movement speed by 10 feet for four hours also increases your chance of finding a wild brown, red, or lesser chocobo.
Krakka Greens: ingested; restores 1d6+1 MP to a chocobo; increases intelligence & wisdom by 2 for four hours also increases your chance of finding a wild blue, green, or lesser chocoobo.
Gysahl Greens: ingested; restores 1d8+5 HP to a chocobo; increases strength & constitution by 2 & movement speed by 5 feet for 4 hours also slightly increases your chance of finding a wild yellow or pink chocobo.[/color]

[color=#ffffff]You can also make it so the nuts changes your chocobo color type with the stat boost just depends on your DM so that way you can keep your chocobo Boko for most of the game. I would suggest increasing the price on the nuts if you did it this way. Also for breeding any greater type of chocobo can be used to bred a lower color type with a small chance of gaining a color benefit from a greater chocobo. I'll add in a chart later for the traits for each color chocobo.[/color]

[color=#ffffff]When finding wild chocobos, yellow and pink will be the most common colors to find out in the wild if you have any kind of greens on you that will increase your chance of finding a wild chocobo. The better the greens you have on you the higher chance of finding a different color chocobo and also increasing your chances slightly of just finding your more common types of chocobos. It also helps to know where to look for different chocobo types. Yellow and pink can be find basically anywhere, blue chocobos are found usually found more towards a source of water, red chocobos are found usually found in the mountains or hilltops, green chocobos are usually found in dense forest or jungles, purple chocobos are usually found in snow-covered areas, brown chocobos are usually found in deserts or extremely hot areas, and silver chocobos are usually found in foggy areas or near dunes. Black, white, and rainbow chocobos can be found in chocobo forest but are extremely rare to find there or anywhere in general.
[/color]

[color=#ffffff]The Choco Traits are just there to show what you need to use to breed a different color chocobo. If your already breeding a let's say a blue chocobo with a yellow chocobo to get a red chocobo as long as one of the parent's has a blue chocobo trait it should be fine. This could also work with let's say you have an orange chocobo whose parents was previously a blue and yellow chocobo but you want to get a red chocobo. Your orange chocobo will have the previous traits from his parents to have the requirements for a red chocobo when breed with any other chocobo when using a Carob nut.[/color]

[color=#ffffff]Depending on your DM, you could find any of the following color chocobos but most these chocobos might not have all the following traits below unless breed or evolved.[/color]

[color=#ffffff]Chocobo Color                       Choco Trait                                                               Stat Adjustments when breeding color[/color]
[color=#ffffff]Black                                      Choco Meteor                                                           +4 Str, +2 Dex, +4 Con[/color]
[color=#ffffff]Blue                                        Choco Water, Swimming(Ex), Water Walking          +2 Str, +2 Con, -2 Int[/color]
[color=#ffffff]Brown                                     Arcobatics(Ex), Choco Guard, Sandwalking            +2 Str, -2 Dex, +4 Con, -2 Int[/color]
[color=#ffffff]Gold                                       Choco Halo                                                               +6 Str, -2 Dex, +6 Con, +2 Wis[/color]
[color=#ffffff]Green                                     Camouflage, Choco Esuna, Stealth(Ex)                   +4 Str, -2 Dex, -2 Int, +2 Wis[/color]
[color=#ffffff]Pink                                        Choco Cure                                                               +2 Str, -2 Dex, -2 Int, +2 Wis[/color]
[color=#ffffff]Purple                                    Choco Barrier, Choco Ice, Snow Move                      +4 Str, +2 Con, -2 Int, +2 Wis[/color]
[color=#ffffff]Rainbow                                Choco Trishot                                                             +8 Str, +4 Dex, +6 Con, +4 Wis[/color]
[color=#ffffff]Red                                        Choco Flame, Climbing(Ex), Surefooted Stride         +4 Str, -2 Dex, +2 Con, -2 Int[/color]
[color=#ffffff]Silver                                     Choco Thunder, Cloudwalking                                   +4 Str, +4 Con, -2 Int[/color]
[color=#ffffff]White                                     Choco Life, Choco Recharge                                     +4 Str, +4 Con, +2 Wis[/color]
[color=#ffffff]Yellow                                    Choco Cure                                                                +2 Str, -2 Dex, +2 Con, -2 Int[/color]
[color=#ffffff]Various Color                         Both parents traits                                                      Highest Color stats or DM's choice between parents[/color]
Those who wield red magic and blue magic are know as violet mages but very few are actually known and even fewer are actually masters of the violet magic.
I've been a little busy this week but I'll try to get more information out for the nuts later this week.
Those who wield red magic and blue magic are know as violet mages but very few are actually known and even fewer are actually masters of the violet magic.
Hey guys small update here, I added in what each nut does kind of. I'll try getting out a chart or something with more details on breeding and what bonuses your chocobo gains from its previous color. The pepio nut is more for the cosmetics type of breeding for those who want an orange chocobo. I know nuts were not originally designed for evolving your own chocobo but you can make it simpler by increasing the nut price to evolve your chocobo Coko for example from a yellow to blue chocobo by eatting a Saraha nut. I'll be adding in the chocobo traits later.
Hey there guys, another update. I finally got the chart done for traits and for breeding bonuses.