Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collector (Bard Archetype)
Collector

[Image: d440c99058a8d948ea4ab26d5be0d0009efc57a8_hq.jpg]

While most adventurers work to gain riches, fame, or honor, there are those select few who believe with all their heart that these things are already theirs. These souls instead adventure to take what rightfully belongs to them, to amass all treasures and to remind the world that they are the ones in charge. These are the kings, the generals, the tyrants and the despots. They are collectors of bounties, and they live for victory.

The collector is an archetype of the bard class.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: The collector gains proficiency in martial weapons, as well as medium and heavy armors.

Limit Break (Su): At 1st level, the collector receives the limit breaks Open the Gates and Mandate of Heaven.

Open the Gates (Su): This Limit Break functions identically to the bard's Destructive Shout, but deals physical damage rather than non-elemental, treated as slashing, piercing, and blunt for the purposes of overcoming DR.

Mandate of Heaven (Su): The Collector has such authority as to be terrifying to look upon. Upon activating this Limit Break as a swift action, any class feature which targets a single ally now targets all allies within 30' who can see the Collector. In addition, any enemies within 30' who can see the collector take a penalty of the same value as any bonus the Collector grants his allies.

These Limit Breaks modify the bard's Destructive Shout Limit Break and replace his Soul Voice limit break.

Treasury Key (Su): It is only right that the collector have a key to his trove, lest lesser beings gain access to it. The collector begins play with his Treasury Key, which he must be holding in one hand in order to open his Treasury. If used as a melee weapon, the Key is treated as a dagger.

This ability replaces the bard's jingles.

Treasury (Su): The collector needs no magic to remind the world that it is his. The collector begins with an MP pool, but has no access to spells unless he takes levels in another class which grants them. Instead, he may use his MP to access his Treasury, which houses all he deems worthy of his ownership.

The collector's Treasury may carry any number of items, so long as it does not exceed 6 cubic feet in volume or 50 lb in weight. This increases to 15 cubic feet or 100 lb at 5th level, 30 cubic feet or 250 lb at 10th level, 70 cubic feet or 500 lb at 15th level, and 150 cubic feet or 1000 lb at 20th level. The interior of the Treasury may appear however the collector chooses, but its appearance must be chosen at 1st level and may not be changed afterward.

In order to access the Treasury, the collector must spend a number of MP as a full-round action equal to the size of the item he is adding to it or taking from it. Small assorted items (those under 5 lb) cost no MP, light weapons and larger items cost 1 MP, one-handed weapons cost 2 MP, and two-handed weapons and armor cost 3 MP. The collector may open a hole to his Treasury within a 5' radius of himself, and if he chooses to do so, he may fire a weapon from it rather than receive in his hand. This is treated as a ranged attack at his highest base attack bonus, with a range increment of 20'. The manifestation radius of his Treasury increases by a further 5' every 4 levels, to a maximum of 30' at 20th level, and the range increment increases in the same way, to a maximum of 55' at 20th level.

This ability replaces the bard's songs.

Precise Treasury (Su): At 3rd level, the collector adds his Charisma bonus to his ranged attack rolls when firing a weapon from his Treasury, rather than his Dexterity bonus, and is treated as having the Precise Shot feat when doing so.

This ability replaces the bard's troubador ability.

Organized Collection: At 5th level, placing items into the Treasury no longer has an MP cost. At 10th level, he may full-attack by firing from his Treasury. At 15th level, any weapon the collector fires from his Treasury is automatically returned to it at the end of his turn. At 20th level, he may make an additional attack at his highest base attack bonus when making a full-attack with the Treasury. This does not stack with haste.

This ability replaces the bard's additional song ability.
Not knocking the idea, I personally feel every campaign ever is made better with a little Fate/, but why Bard for the Gilgamesh archetype?
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
- Magus, Chrono Trigger
Well, see, I kinda had a lot of trouble thinking on it, but ultimately I went with a lot of the side material's depiction of Gilgamesh, where he's a collected leader who takes charge, and ultimately I felt that, despite the Gate of Babylon mechanics being pretty big, they didn't really merit much more than replacing songs, and this way he could really serve as a good face.
I can see that line thought now. The dude does have Charisma A+. He's the faceiest face to ever face. Regardless, always nice to see another fan showing the Fate/ love. I tend to pepper Servant cameos in all my campaigns. Might need to throw Goldy into my next FF game after seeing this.
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
- Magus, Chrono Trigger
I've been on kind of a Fate/ binge of late, between this, Faker, and Heartseeker. I've been meaning to get working on some more, probably based on either Archer from Fate/Prototype or on Shiki from Kara no Kyoukai, since I'm a big fan of basically all the Nasu works. But, regardless, I'm really glad you like the archetype!