Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monk Combo Questions
I was looking over the monk class and I really like how the monk class looks but I had some questions on how blitz techniques and combos work:

1. When using blitz techniques do all debuffs stack? Ex.)Using elbow smash -> Knee thrust would cause a target to make two separate saves or be staggered and sickened.

2. To us a combo finisher do all blitz techniques need to actually hit the target or do they just need to announced as being used? This also can combine with the first question of does the debuff or effect of a combo finisher also stack with the effects of all the blitz techniques leading up to it?

The idea of using combos in this fashion seem really cool but I'm just not sure if I am understanding how they work correctly.
(04-04-2017, 08:00 AM)Marles Wrote: I was looking over the monk class and I really like how the monk class looks but I had some questions on how blitz techniques and combos work:

1. When using blitz techniques do all debuffs stack? Ex.)Using elbow smash -> Knee thrust would cause a target to make two separate saves or be staggered and sickened.

2. To us a combo finisher do all blitz techniques need to actually hit the target or do they just need to announced as being used? This also can combine with the first question of does the debuff or effect of a combo finisher also stack with the effects of all the blitz techniques leading up to it?

The idea of using combos in this fashion seem really cool but I'm just not sure if I am understanding how they work correctly.

1. They don't stack if the target is already staggered/sickened, but if the target isn't staggered or isn't sickened, then it can become both.

2. Blitz techniques do have to hit. As long as the debuffs are different and not currently on the target, they stack.
Thanks for the response, those monks can make a huge difference with all those effects.