Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiclass MP Question
Greetings! I'm having some trouble with integrating the multiclass system in the case of two or more MP users. The base MP from all classes is added together (much like BAB) but how is bonus MP calculated in this scenario? When consulting the bonus MP chart, is the total character level or just the class level the criteria? In the case of the latter, would it be a "pick and choose" scenario where the player chooses the class he wants to utilize the bonus MP from (with its associated levels and ability modifier)?

Just to have an example to illustrate my dilemma, here's my interpretation on how much MP a 5th level Dark Knight [16 CHA] who multiclassed into a 3rd level Black Mage [14 INT] might have:
  • 5th level Dark Knight base MP: 1
  • 3rd level Black Mage base MP: 4
  • This makes a combined total base MP of 5
  • 5th level Dark Knight with 16 CHA = +6 MP per the bonus MP chart
  • 3rd level Black Mage with 14 INT = +3 MP per the bonus MP chart
  • Would this yield a total MP of 11 (giving way to the Dark Knight's bonus MP since it yields more than the Black Mage's amount) or 14 (in the case of adding all bonus MP together)
Thanks for your time!

EDIT: math
(03-24-2017, 08:17 PM)Azurift Wrote: Greetings! I'm having some trouble with integrating the multiclass system in the case of two or more MP users. The base MP from all classes is added together (much like BAB) but how is bonus MP calculated in this scenario? When consulting the bonus MP chart, is the total character level or just the class level the criteria? In the case of the latter, would it be a "pick and choose" scenario where the player chooses the class he wants to utilize the bonus MP from (with its associated levels and ability modifier)?

Just to have an example to illustrate my dilemma, here's my interpretation on how much MP a 5th level Dark Knight [16 CHA] who multiclassed into a 3rd level Black Mage [14 INT] might have:
  • 5th level Dark Knight base MP: 1
  • 3rd level Black Mage base MP: 4
  • This makes a combined total base MP of 5
  • 5th level Dark Knight with 16 CHA = +6 MP per the bonus MP chart
  • 3rd level Black Mage with 14 INT = +3 MP per the bonus MP chart
  • Would this yield a total MP of 11 (giving way to the Dark Knight's bonus MP since it yields more than the Black Mage's amount) or 14 (in the case of adding all bonus MP together)
Thanks for your time!

EDIT: math

The total MP would be 9 MP. DK's bonus MP would be as a 2nd level caster because they get spells at 4th level. But it would be bonus MP together, yes.

You made my brain hurt with math. I will send Kefkanites as retribution.
Thanks for the quick reply -- this certainly clears things up!