Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue Mage Dragoon Hybrid
I attempted to create a hybrid class that uses Blue Mage and Dragoon as the inspiration. I don't have a very inspiring name for it right now, and there are probably MUCH better ways of doing the abilities (so feel free to submit criticism#.

One thing I noticed about the Hybrid classes is that they all have their own specific thing. A thing that is very similar to other things, but is in face specific to them lol. With that in mind I built the Blue Mage Dragoon around the *Azure Lancet* ability. It is how they learn creature magic, it can be used for debuffs... it is a pretty nifty/versatile ability #so please... criticize it softly)

Attached Files
.pdf   Blue Dragoon.pdf (Size: 111.31 KB / Downloads: 40)
Azure Lancer. There's a name for yah ha ha. I'll have to check this out for sure, sounds dope though.

Skimmed over it, I like the lancet abilities, pdfs aren't great on my phone so I didn't go over the whole class, but maybe add an ability that says, when you successfully learn a blue magic spell via lancet, you may as an immediate action, cast the spell that was learned at no MP cost. Usable once per day, and maybe increase uses every so many levels. I feel that would be a unique thing for this class, and would be similar to kimahri in the sense that when you learn an ability via lancet, kimahri gets his overdrive bar filled. I would probably remove the saves on draining and osmosis lancet since you already have to land an attack and spend mp.
[Image: 21.jpg]
I like that, I will see about incorporating that into the class. Thanks!
I really like the Azure Lancet.
YAY!

Does the balance of the class seem ok? Also- any thoughts on the capstone? I sorta fizzled out and threw that together as an afterthought. I know most characters don't live to see lvl 20, but it should still be something worth going for
Capstone is pretty good actually.

The thing I did with the bravehorn dragoon archetype was give him a limit break that allows him to cast blue magic above his max spell level. This effectively allows him to cast 9th level blue magic as his limit break at level 20:

Ronso’s Rage (Su): For 1 round + 1 round per four class levels, the bravehorn dragoon can cast blue Magic spells that he is normally able to cast without paying MP, he may also cast blue magic spells above his max spell level by 1 + 1 spell level per five levels past 5th level of bravehorn dragoon for the normal MP cost. Activating this limit is a swift action.
That is a good idea too. I think you had a much better grasp of this match-up than I did. lol

I just like those two classes Smile