Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Card Kun (Scholar Archetype)
After much debate (and holding off on Astrologer for now), I decided that I should make an Ace class. As always, many credits to Nelo for sitting here sifting through my ideas (crafted 10mins before I passed out).

Attached Files
.pdf   CardKun.pdf (Size: 229.32 KB / Downloads: 39)
Very cool Smile
Brilliant idea for an attachment from Nelo!

To use the cards normally, it takes two hands, one to hold the deck and one to draw/throw the card.

Wrist Sheath-May be used to hold the deck, therefore freeing the off hand. Costs 100 gil.

It's time to duel! (Couldn't resist the Yu-Gi-Oh)
How strong is the sprite familiar? Just curious, you get a decent amount of abilities in place of the sprite, and most of them aren't too strong, but taking only the sprite away , idk seems strong.

And for the limit break, I would say let them reroll a number of dice equal to either their int mod or wis mod ,for the cards rather than straight up picking what you get. Being able to cast Stop at level 1 after taking a single attack is a bit over kill. But thats just me, I'd like to get some other opinions from people besides just me >.>
[Image: 21.jpg]
I played a scholar and the Sprite is REALLY cool, you essentially get an extra spell EVERY round- it either blasts or heals. What is even COOLER! Is you can get your sprite to inflict ailments THEN you can use the swift action spells that target ailments (Sprite to Drench and Swift action to Engulf- Engulf is AWESOMELY powerful!)... It ROCKS!

That being said... I LOVE the cards aspect and am willing to kick Friday (I named my sprite Friday) to the curb for some sweet card action! Smile
(09-17-2015, 02:12 AM)Luphey Wrote: How strong is the sprite familiar? Just curious, you get a decent amount of abilities in place of the sprite, and most of them aren't too strong, but taking only the sprite away , idk seems strong.

And for the limit break, I would say let them reroll a number of dice equal to either their int mod or wis mod ,for the cards rather than straight up picking what you get. Being able to cast Stop at level 1 after taking a single attack is a bit over kill. But thats just me, I'd like to get some other opinions from people besides just me >.>

I think the sprite is really good, like What's in the box? said. I actually caught myself thinking "Do I really want to trade my Eos? She's so good...". She can cast your spells, has her own abilities, and gets your skills. She is super helpful to me.

Yeah, I would like some more ideas, too. I like ideas. Big Grin This was Nelo's take on my previous one. I think my last one was OP. They could roll 8d4 and mix them up to make matches, and then use the rest to damage the target with normal card damage. That was just a one time thing, but Nelo said it was too strong, and I was with him on it. That is a possibility for quite a bit of damage and "Cut Cards" combos.
Now that I'm playing the Astrologian in FFXIV :p I will probably design a base class for it now.
(09-18-2015, 12:51 PM)Viladin Wrote: Now that I'm playing the Astrologian in FFXIV :p I will probably design a base class for it now.

I'm glad you are! I tried, but where I have only played them in Tactics, I just don't see them as pure healers. I'm a "picky little shit" according to Nelo. I kept wanting to do like the Chaos Mage from 13th Age, but with Attack, Support, and then Cosmos (Astrological signs instead of the Patrons).
(09-18-2015, 03:57 PM)Archmagel Wrote:
(09-18-2015, 12:51 PM)Viladin Wrote: Now that I'm playing the Astrologian in FFXIV :p I will probably design a base class for it now.

I'm glad you are! I tried, but where I have only played them in Tactics, I just don't see them as pure healers. I'm a "picky little shit" according to Nelo. I kept wanting to do like the Chaos Mage from 13th Age, but with Attack, Support, and then Cosmos (Astrological signs instead of the Patrons).

You are a picky little shit.
(09-18-2015, 03:57 PM)Archmagel Wrote:

Most likely they're going to get the White Mage spell list with fancy card draws. And maybeee some special stuff involving tarot cards and stuff.
You know what would be cool Vil? And I have no idea how this would work for the Astrologian (other than seeming kinda support) what if you had an ability (The Magician card comes to mind) that allows allies within a certain range to use YOUR MP to cast their spells?

Something about *support* magic and *card* theme made that instantly jump to my mind... And if you were doing an Inverted orientation maybe it alters that effect? Idk... I thought it was cool, now it seems needlessly complicated. Lol
Something like, "As a free action, the Astrologian may empower an ally within x ft. The Astrologian pays the MP cost of the next spell cast by that ally."
That would be pretty neat for sure.
[Image: 21.jpg]