Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scholar Multi-classing
How would the Scholar multiclassing work with Black/White mages?

I was trying to figure out a character concept that uses the Arithmetician and the Onyx Magister prestige classes, and figured Black Mage and Scholar would make a nice base for it... but... Scholar magic reads as if it overlaps? Is there a special consideration for White/Black mages that want to have a fairy and read books Sad

Also does anyone know if Vil is planning anything in the realm of Variant Multiclassing for the Hybrid classes? Which is probably just me asking for the moon, but I wanted to see if there was anything in the works there.
It works like Multiclassing does normally. If you were a Scholar 4/Black Mage 3 you'd cast spells as a 4th level Scholar(CL 4, 2nd level Black/White available) and a 3rd level Black Mage(CL3, 2nd level Black available). MP pools though so your total MP can be used for either group of spells known, but they are separate.

You wouldn't have a Scholar that casts Black Magic at CL7 and White at CL4 with the above build.

Same reason a Sorcerer/Wizard has two separate caster levels despite having the same lists of spells.