Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fighter question.
So... Fighter can pick any weapon as his choosen one.

Is it intended? Because it allow adding full Int to hit and damage rolls by single feat + 2 level dip...

"Sure, I shake a lot with my 6 dex, and I barely hold my greatbow with my 6 str, but I hit more often than any of you, and I do it harder - because I am so smart."
(01-23-2015, 05:26 AM)Nekomimi Wrote: So... Fighter can pick any weapon as his choosen one.

Is it intended? Because it allow adding full Int to hit and damage rolls by single feat + 2 level dip...

"Sure, I shake a lot with my 6 dex, and I barely hold my greatbow with my 6 str, but I hit more often than any of you, and I do it harder - because I am so smart."

Full Int from what?
Fail, sorry, I was trying to write it fast ^^

I meant full int mod. Sorry.
Ah, I see. You're talking about the Agility fighter talent. Hm...reading as written, it does apply to ranged weapons. Agility probably does require a bit of cleanup, as the wording only works for melee and thrown weapons, but it doesn't have any wording stopping it from applying to ranged weapons, either; it also doesn't specify if it works on two-handed weapons, and if so, how exactly it does.

As for the balance issue...I don't see it being broken. Sure, you can get your full Int modifier to attack rolls and damage, but, to use your greatbow as an example, you're looking at the -2 to hit because of a lack of Strength, so you'd have to have a really min-maxed stat array to benefit. Even if you have a full 20 Intelligence, the two-level dip + feat is going to give you a +6 attack and damage bonus by superseding your normal ability bonus to attacks; a 2nd-level archer using the same greatbow and having normal Strength and 16 Dexterity is hitting almost as often, and, unless their imitative is really close to an enemy's, they can safely aim to equal your hit rate and damage. A normal fighter with the same greatbow as their chosen weapon could do the same thing but better.

In short? A two-level dip and a feat is rather expensive to be able to use your Intelligence bonus on attacks and damage; either you're not gaining much, or your other stats are so low that you're not supposed to be doing anything with a weapon anyway. It might have a place in a really niche build, but there's got to be a better way to do what you're trying to do.
Well, I am doing Magitek Weapon Operator with base of 10 in str/dex, 21 int (lvl 8 start).
No worries, been fixed. Removed Int from the Agility fighter talent. I had actually been meaning to change that a long time ago, but forgot about it.
In fact, it's more "naaaaaay" than yay... I based my build on this ^^
(01-24-2015, 12:12 PM)Nekomimi Wrote: In fact, it's more "naaaaaay" than yay... I based my build on this ^^

Magitek operators get bonuses to strength anyway from the magitek armor, so even the +5 Int bonus from 21 Int shouldn't be too much higher than your magitek armor's Strength (19 for a humanoid magitek at level 8, by my figuring).