Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diminished Spellcasting (Templar)
There's a bit of a misconception about the Diminished Spellcasting trait for templar.
"A templar gains fewer MP than normal equal to the spell level she gains. For example, a white mage of 5th level would only have 4 MP excluding extra MP from Wisdom bonus."

How do you determine this MP loss?
(11-24-2014, 12:35 AM)WindyDelcarlo Wrote: There's a bit of a misconception about the Diminished Spellcasting trait for templar.
"A templar gains fewer MP than normal equal to the spell level she gains. For example, a white mage of 5th level would only have 4 MP excluding extra MP from Wisdom bonus."

How do you determine this MP loss?

Every time a templar would gain MP from getting a new spell level... for example, at 3rd level, a white mage would gain access to 2nd level spells, a templar would not gain MP for that level.

I guess it does sound a little complicated, I'll probably just make a MP list for Templar.
I believe I've figured this out based on what you said here and the information on the class page but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Level 1 - 1mp

Level 2 - 2mp

Level 3 - 2mp

Level 4 - 4mp

Level 5 - 4mp

etc.
(03-06-2015, 03:58 AM)Crusader Wrote: I believe I've figured this out based on what you said here and the information on the class page but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Level 1 - 1mp

Level 2 - 2mp

Level 3 - 2mp

Level 4 - 4mp

Level 5 - 4mp

etc.

Correct.