Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New player... SO MANY QUESTIONS
LOVE Final Fantasy and Pathfinder so I am REALLY excited about what is going on here! I am not entirely clear on some things though:

Elements: Under the element description I see the wheel of strong/weak elements and a description that says: Creatures weak to a certain element take 1.5 dmg, etc. etc. Looking through the bestiary I don't see any creature that say Weak vs X Element. Perhaps I am overlooking something? Am I to interpret that a creature strong against a certain element is weak against the corresponding element? From my experience with FF I remember Bombs were typically weak against ice/water powers, but that isn't listed in the bestiary???

Materia: If you Craft Materia more rare than common they are created at lvl 0 (that is what the rules say if I remember correctly). To clarify: There is no way to CREATE a Level 2 Regen then? To extrapolate that logic further a Materia shop where a Lvl 2 Regen material is purchased would be second hand/used material right? Because someone had to juice it up.

I also am not sure I understand the specificity of material: Is all material capable of the 3 levels or is there weaker/crappier material that taps out at lvl 1 or lvl 2 without the potential to be at level 3? I feel like the answer is (using Cure for example) that Cure material 1 becomes 2 or 3 depending on the amount of MXP, and thus is an expandable item of expandable potential.

If I have 8 powerstaffs (each element) that I slot 8 different material into: Do I have to use EVERY staff in battle in order for the experience to be gained for each materia? Or is it enough that they are equipped and I use the most appropriate elemental combination in battle?

How does materia effect Magitek? Is the entire mecha considered armor, thus only permitting 1 piece of materia that can slot into armor? Or would you be able to put materia into Magitek weapons also? (I ask because we have a Moogle Magitek Engineer)

Magitek: Under the Engineer archetype it says that the Magitek does not have weapons and the Operator does not have weapon proficiency with Magitek weapons, but that does not prohibit that mecha from being upgraded does it? Eventually our moogle can mount miniguns and missile launchers on his magitek if he has the money/slots available right?

In that same vein: is that starter armor able to be expanded to Huge magitek (again providing resources are APLENTY!) or is Large armor just large armor and can never NOT be large armor?

The Soldier archetype of the fighter class says at lvl 11 it can use Soldier tech abilities 3+CON mod/day but there isn't a list of those. My thought was that the following abilities replacing regular fighter abilities were in fact the Soldier tech (they discuss powering stuff with mako) also they seem too epic to leave unrestricted... RIGHT???

Materia comes in 5 varieties. The feat does not have prerequisites to constructing materia. Typically in magic item creation you have to know the spell you are enchanting into an item (i.e. FLy in order to make a Flying Carpet) would a black mage be able to make support materia? Would they be able to make Summon materia??

Materia: Says you have to be focused on one piece of materia in order to cast the spell in it. Does that materia gain XP if it is not slotted? (Like if I use Fire materia tio burn away some goblins but I am just holding it?)

... I think that is it for now.

Again, VERY excited about playing a FF/PF game. I chose blue mage (my favorite job) so if there are any tips out there I would appreciate it Smile
(10-06-2014, 11:11 PM)Whats in the box? Wrote: LOVE Final Fantasy and Pathfinder so I am REALLY excited about what is going on here! I am not entirely clear on some things though:

Elements: Under the element description I see the wheel of strong/weak elements and a description that says: Creatures weak to a certain element take 1.5 dmg, etc. etc. Looking through the bestiary I don't see any creature that say Weak vs X Element. Perhaps I am overlooking something? Am I to interpret that a creature strong against a certain element is weak against the corresponding element? From my experience with FF I remember Bombs were typically weak against ice/water powers, but that isn't listed in the bestiary???

It'll say under Weaknesses in their entry.

Whats in the box? Wrote:Materia: If you Craft Materia more rare than common they are created at lvl 0 (that is what the rules say if I remember correctly). To clarify: There is no way to CREATE a Level 2 Regen then? To extrapolate that logic further a Materia shop where a Lvl 2 Regen material is purchased would be second hand/used material right? Because someone had to juice it up.

Correct.

Whats in the box? Wrote:I also am not sure I understand the specificity of material: Is all material capable of the 3 levels or is there weaker/crappier material that taps out at lvl 1 or lvl 2 without the potential to be at level 3? I feel like the answer is (using Cure for example) that Cure material 1 becomes 2 or 3 depending on the amount of MXP, and thus is an expandable item of expandable potential.

All materia are capable of 3 levels + Mastery.

Whats in the box? Wrote:If I have 8 powerstaffs (each element) that I slot 8 different material into: Do I have to use EVERY staff in battle in order for the experience to be gained for each materia? Or is it enough that they are equipped and I use the most appropriate elemental combination in battle?

Have to use each staff in combat.

Whats in the box? Wrote:How does materia effect Magitek? Is the entire mecha considered armor, thus only permitting 1 piece of materia that can slot into armor? Or would you be able to put materia into Magitek weapons also? (I ask because we have a Moogle Magitek Engineer)

Magitek don't normally have any materia slots, but the magitek weapons are able to hold a slot.

Whats in the box? Wrote:Magitek: Under the Engineer archetype it says that the Magitek does not have weapons and the Operator does not have weapon proficiency with Magitek weapons, but that does not prohibit that mecha from being upgraded does it? Eventually our moogle can mount miniguns and missile launchers on his magitek if he has the money/slots available right?

In that same vein: is that starter armor able to be expanded to Huge magitek (again providing resources are APLENTY!) or is Large armor just large armor and can never NOT be large armor?

Yes

No.

Whats in the box? Wrote:The Soldier archetype of the fighter class says at lvl 11 it can use Soldier tech abilities 3+CON mod/day but there isn't a list of those. My thought was that the following abilities replacing regular fighter abilities were in fact the Soldier tech (they discuss powering stuff with mako) also they seem too epic to leave unrestricted... RIGHT???

Right, at 11th, 13th, 15th, 17th, and 19th levels are the soldier tech abilities.

Whats in the box? Wrote:Materia comes in 5 varieties. The feat does not have prerequisites to constructing materia. Typically in magic item creation you have to know the spell you are enchanting into an item (i.e. FLy in order to make a Flying Carpet) would a black mage be able to make support materia? Would they be able to make Summon materia??

A black mage would require a white mage or red mage's help with support materia. And Summon materia would require help from a summoner to craft.

Whats in the box? Wrote:Materia: Says you have to be focused on one piece of materia in order to cast the spell in it. Does that materia gain XP if it is not slotted? (Like if I use Fire materia tio burn away some goblins but I am just holding it?)

Does not gain MXP if not slotted, but you do not have to unequip a materia to use Use Magic Device to cast a spell from it.

Whats in the box? Wrote:... I think that is it for now.

Again, VERY excited about playing a FF/PF game. I chose blue mage (my favorite job) so if there are any tips out there I would appreciate it Smile

Very welcome!
You are AWESOME! Thank you!!!