Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions concerning Red Mages
The Red Mage has a couple of abilities that allow him to learn spells from the White and/or Black Mage spell list, but does he use his casting stat, or theirs, to determine modifiers.

As an example, Heal can, as one would guess, heal people based off of the level and Wis (the White Mages casting stat). As I now know it as a Red Mage Spell, would it be based off my Cha instead?
Spells gained from other classes run off Cha as your casting stat, I know it isn't stated but I was playing a Red Mage in Vil's last ffd20 campaign and ran the same question by him.

So Heal would get Cha mod, plus Wis from Ruby Knowledge.

Bio/Biora would get Cha instead of Int, though no Int from Ruby Knowledge as it is a damage over time effect rather than instantaneous.

Just as a couple examples I used personally.
(09-16-2014, 02:06 AM)dairius_chi Wrote: Spells gained from other classes run off Cha as your casting stat, I know it isn't stated but I was playing a Red Mage in Vil's last ffd20 campaign and ran the same question by him.

So Heal would get Cha mod, plus Wis from Ruby Knowledge.

Bio/Biora would get Cha instead of Int, though no Int from Ruby Knowledge as it is a damage over time effect rather than instantaneous.

Just as a couple examples I used personally.

As Dai said, I'll have to make a little change in the spell description eventually.
sweet! thanks guys Big Grin