Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red Warrior
I saw the new Red Mage archetype and immediately thought, "no spells = I will NEVER play this," but for curiosity's sake I looked into it... Imma play it. Its Awesome, but one problem it has is a bit of a big one... it has no limit breaks.

both the Red Mage's limit breaks involve the use of MP, which the Red Warrior doesn't have. I don't know if you overlooked that or not, but that is a huge deal breaker.
(08-24-2014, 02:24 PM)timtheenchanter Wrote: I saw the new Red Mage archetype and immediately thought, "no spells = I will NEVER play this," but for curiosity's sake I looked into it... Imma play it. Its Awesome, but one problem it has is a bit of a big one... it has no limit breaks.

both the Red Mage's limit breaks involve the use of MP, which the Red Warrior doesn't have. I don't know if you overlooked that or not, but that is a huge deal breaker.
While this is true let me quote the end of the ability:
Red Warrior's Arcane Pool Wrote:This ability replaces the Red Mage’s spells class feature. Red warriors do not gain any spells or spellcasting ability, do not have a caster level, and cannot use spell trigger and spell completion magic items.

It does say that you have no spell casting and such but it makes no reference to not having an MP pool. If this is intentional , Vil may want to add in that the MP pool is still available. Otherwise, its a pretty big oversight, I agree.
Even If it does, that only solves the problem (and barely solves it at that) for one of them. If I have a limit break that trades HP for MP and vise verse, that is useable if I have MP, but not very powerful (certainly not limit break worthy) without the ability to cast magic. The other, however, is still useless as it alows me to cast 2 SPELLS at once.
(08-24-2014, 02:24 PM)timtheenchanter Wrote: I saw the new Red Mage archetype and immediately thought, "no spells = I will NEVER play this," but for curiosity's sake I looked into it... Imma play it. Its Awesome, but one problem it has is a bit of a big one... it has no limit breaks.

Its an oversight. I'll change the limit breaks.

Red Warrior does not gain a MP pool.