Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So many questions
So right off the bat:

What is the splash radius on 1st Level Chemist Bombs?
Does the +1 Damage bonus from Point Blank Shot, apply to Chemist Bombs?
For Throw Anything, how do you decide Damage on whatever object you throw?
How do you decide how long certain status conditions last? Like the white mage spell Charm causes the status effect charm on an enemy but the status doesn't have any type of save(Will i'm assuming), or a duration.
Does Dragon Knight's Breath Attack have to be the same elemental affinity as his dragon?
(08-11-2014, 03:46 PM)LucarinZer0 Wrote: Alright, I'll help out here

5 ft. radius splash
Only applies to the direct hit, not the splash damage
Improvised Weapon rules, unless it's an actual weapon, or GM fiat.
If you looked at the spell descriptions, charm lasts for 1 round/level, and Will negates.
While I would assume so, the way it's worded, you just choose an element for your breath weapon, regardless of Draconic affinity.

^ What he said.
Right, well thanks for clearin that up. Personally I would mention, somewhere on the class spell pages, that there is a more detailed description of the spells available, and maybe include a link.

As for throw anything, lets say you throw a broadsword. Would that deal improvised weapon damage or broadsword's normal damage for that size?(I'm a stickler for rules, just want to be double sure)

But thanks again though.
(08-11-2014, 06:33 PM)Luphey Wrote: Right, well thanks for clearin that up. Personally I would mention, somewhere on the class spell pages, that there is a more detailed description of the spells available, and maybe include a link.

As for throw anything, lets say you throw a broadsword. Would that deal improvised weapon damage or broadsword's normal damage for that size?(I'm a stickler for rules, just want to be double sure)

But thanks again though.

There is a detailed description.

And it would be Broadsword damage. It wouldn't be improvised.
I think you may have misunderstood. I am aware that there is a detailed description of the spells, but on the normal spell list for each class (Ex White Mage), many of the spells are vague on duration and kinda force you to look up the other pages.

Ill use Charm again here for the example.
http://www.finalfantasyd20.com/ffd20/whi...-list.html

The first level White Mage spell, Charm.
"Charm - Target is inflicted with Charm status."

The Detailed version being:

Charm
Enfeebling
Level: White Mage 1
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: One creature
Duration: 1 round/level (D)
Saving Throw: Will negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

The target of this spell receives the Charm status effect. The victim will follow the commands of the caster of the Charm spell until cured.

No duration or anything is listed on the normal spell list. And to be honest its not worth it to include the entire spell description on the normal class spell page. But maybe add in something like "A more detailed description of spells is available here." And include a link to the alphabetical list.

Just a suggestion based on some trouble my players have had navigating the website.
(08-12-2014, 11:26 AM)Luphey Wrote: I think you may have misunderstood. I am aware that there is a detailed description of the spells, but on the normal spell list for each class (Ex White Mage), many of the spells are vague on duration and kinda force you to look up the other pages.

Ill use Charm again here for the example.
http://www.finalfantasyd20.com/ffd20/whi...-list.html

The first level White Mage spell, Charm.
"Charm - Target is inflicted with Charm status."

The Detailed version being:

Charm
Enfeebling
Level: White Mage 1
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: One creature
Duration: 1 round/level (D)
Saving Throw: Will negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

The target of this spell receives the Charm status effect. The victim will follow the commands of the caster of the Charm spell until cured.

No duration or anything is listed on the normal spell list. And to be honest its not worth it to include the entire spell description on the normal class spell page. But maybe add in something like "A more detailed description of spells is available here." And include a link to the alphabetical list.

Just a suggestion based on some trouble my players have had navigating the website.

Its always been like this in D&D and Pathfinder. I'm following their format. It gives the players a listing of spells followed by a brief description of what it does.

Now, after saying that, I may eventually do an individual spell description listing like the Pathfinder SRD site has, but that's a ton of work considering how many spells I do have.
Indeed, those are good points, and I am not asking you to change anything, just offering suggestions.

I just have one more question.
Ninja's Thrown Weapon Tricks. Do they work alongside chemist's throw anything?

Thanks for your patience.
(08-12-2014, 03:27 PM)Luphey Wrote: Indeed, those are good points, and I am not asking you to change anything, just offering suggestions.

I just have one more question.
Ninja's Thrown Weapon Tricks. Do they work alongside chemist's throw anything?

Thanks for your patience.

Well, they do and don't. They only work with any thrown weapon that the Ninja (or Chemist) has a Weapon Focus with.