Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Final Fantasy
What was your favorite Final Fantasy game and why?

Mine is FFXI. The online mode made it very interesting. Going through an awesome story and the awesome job system with other people was very entertaining. One of the more challenging and interesting MMORPGs out there IMO.

Offline games, Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced probably wins for my favorite. I played through that game multiple times.
FF8 is my favorite. FF14 is slowly growing on me, waiting for the 2.0 re-release of the MMO.
(10-23-2012, 11:48 AM)Viladin Wrote: FF8 is my favorite. FF14 is slowly growing on me, waiting for the 2.0 re-release of the MMO.

I loved the early parts of 8, I was pretty upsete when (Spoiler alert).........Seifer got killed. Made me really sad. FF14 was alright, I looked into a lot of 2.0 last night, can't wait for that to be released. I think myself and a few of my friends might be playing, we gotta make sure we get on the same server Vil! Will be a ton of fun.
Join me on the Excalibur server. That's where I'm situated at the moment. Got a 45 Monk, 25 White Mage, and several jobs at 5-15 :p
(10-23-2012, 12:13 PM)Viladin Wrote: Join me on the Excalibur server. That's where I'm situated at the moment. Got a 45 Monk, 25 White Mage, and several jobs at 5-15 :p

Will do, when i get the game, I think i got a Thaum level 7 or something before i quit, maybe 10.
Let's see...

My favorite Final Fantasy of the early games(Pre-VII) was VI. The story, the villain(all hail Kefka!), the cast, everything about that game was amazing in my opinion. VI is also my favorite Final Fantasy game period and holds the rank of my second favorite RPG ever.

My favorite from the VII and onwards era would probably be, shockingly, XIII. I actually really like the story and characters and the battle system was cool once you got used to it. The game had a few problems but they didn't really both me.

Now, honorable mentions go to VII and VIII for being the first Final Fantasy games I played all the way through.
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
- Magus, Chrono Trigger
Kefka is mah boy.
(10-23-2012, 02:51 PM)Viladin Wrote: Kefka is mah boy.

I really enjoyed Kuja from IV...but I was fairly upset when it wasnt female..and also a bard. Turns out when you are level 32, he is a pretty tough fight Smile
My favorite is also FF8, and I thought I was the only one.

Seifer doesn't die. You see him during the credits fishing with his two buddies.

I also like FF5 and FF12. 5 for class system, 12 for story.
12's story is pretty good. Btw, Zell is the man. But Tifa is hotter.
(10-23-2012, 08:54 PM)Viladin Wrote: 12's story is pretty good. Btw, Zell is the man. But Tifa is hotter.
No argument here.

I had no problem with 9, unlike you guys.
I had no problem with IX, it was in fact one of the funner ones I've played. What I did have a problem with...was XII... I very much hated a lot of the characters in that. The story was alright(not great in my opinion), and I love Ivalice as a setting. I just couldn't stand Vaan, Penelo, Ashe and a few others. Well okay that's kinda a lie. I liked Penelo once the sequels and side-games rolled around.
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
- Magus, Chrono Trigger
Exclamation 
My absolute favorite Final Fantasy game is IV, as it was the first to really draw me in with its cast of colorful characters and a protagonist torn between his beliefs and his obligations.

However, I also love Final Fantasy IX, X (I love playing blitzball). I've always wanted to try my hand at XI, as I love the idea of the game, but I don't have the kind of money to spend on a subscription.

As for side-games, I enjoy Crisis Core, FF:Tactics/War of the Lions and FF:Tactics Advance/A2.

EDIT: And I cannot forget (though it did slip my mind) the awesome that is Dissidia.
still to this day i play final fantasy tactics. I have been keeping up to date with mods that the wonderful people of the interwebs have made. I finally found one mod that has made the game almost unbeatable.

But back on topic, I think tactics has one of the best and most standard story lines there are, also some of the most believable main characters there are. But what i think is the best about the game is the time line and world {minus FF12} everything down to some of the best music in the FF world made this game number one.
Final fantasy 6 by far the best overall experience.
for villains i have to give props to chaos, being both the last and first boss in the game in ff1.
sometimes its nice to know that enemies level up too.
<(°_°^) (^°_°^) (^°_°)>
By sequencial number, 6 has been my favorite. I've played them all through 11. Not the remakes either. (Love me some Celes.)

FF Tactics holds the honor of best FF game ever in my book. Possibly one of the best games I've ever played, period.

(06-02-2013, 01:19 PM)fel_horfrost Wrote: Final fantasy 6 by far the best overall experience.
for villains i have to give props to chaos, being both the last and first boss in the game in ff1.
sometimes its nice to know that enemies level up too.

I think you got that backwards. In the first FF, you have to travel through time to beat Chaos at the end. Ironically enough, when you first encounter him as the first main boss, he had already been soundly defeated by your future selves, leaving him as a mere husk of his former self. The weakling versions of you ultimately finish him off for good.

I didn't catch that nice little twist for an 8-bit game until I was considerably older and played through that meat-grinder of a game once more. So many good childhood memories, but seriously, never again will I play through that one. Even with a walkthrough, it's still a tough game.
FF8 is my all time favourite, and im currently working on a full d20 conversion of it at the moment. You might be interested in it, Vil Big Grin

Zell is the man, but Ultimecia is the mother of all villains Big Grin
(06-10-2013, 08:05 AM)Marc_Wilkinson Wrote: FF8 is my all time favourite, and im currently working on a full d20 conversion of it at the moment. You might be interested in it, Vil Big Grin

I might be interested in any monsters you make. :p Since mine is so little and such a pita to make.
VII is my favorite. While I am sure I played 1, 2 and maybe 3, as well as some variations at a buddy's house, VII is the first final fantasy that I remember well, don't think I ever played IV, V, and VI. I remember when taking a two week vacation from work, and not really having the money to go anywhere falling asleep on my couch playing VII, and how much it broke my heart....SPOILER ALERT!!! (though I would hope anyone reading this would already know it....)
when Aeris died...After staring at the tv for a few minutes, turning off the console and just staring at whatever was on the tube lol. Took me a couple days to turn the console back on and continue on with the game.
(06-10-2013, 03:41 PM)Viladin Wrote:
(06-10-2013, 08:05 AM)Marc_Wilkinson Wrote: FF8 is my all time favourite, and im currently working on a full d20 conversion of it at the moment. You might be interested in it, Vil Big Grin

I might be interested in any monsters you make. :p Since mine is so little and such a pita to make.

I don't think the monster stats I be making will be compatible with pathfinder as im basing my system on the Star Wars Saga Edition system. I've finished the early encountered monsters im currently doing Vsage, lefty and righty at the moment Big Grin