Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Esunaga & Unicorn Horn
Due to the way Esuna scales in what it can cure and how much MP it uses by level, it's not exactly clear how Esunaga works in comparison. Does it scale like Esuna does, but with the extra two MP (and locking it out of the last two)? Or does it have a cap similar to how Unicorn Horn has one?

Speaking of which, is there any particular reason Unicorn Horn has a higher spell level than Esunaga when they do the same thing? I know in the case of Ghostly Veil and Vanishaga, they have the same spell level, so I was just wondering if it was a mistake or intentional.
(03-28-2014, 09:37 AM)Freeray Wrote: Due to the way Esuna scales in what it can cure and how much MP it uses by level, it's not exactly clear how Esunaga works in comparison. Does it scale like Esuna does, but with the extra two MP (and locking it out of the last two)? Or does it have a cap similar to how Unicorn Horn has one?

Speaking of which, is there any particular reason Unicorn Horn has a higher spell level than Esunaga when they do the same thing? I know in the case of Ghostly Veil and Vanishaga, they have the same spell level, so I was just wondering if it was a mistake or intentional.

I'll have to change the wording for Esunaga, but it should be the initial cost of 3, plus the cost to cure the effects.

Unicorn Horn is higher level because it cures ALL status effects on every ally (within the 1-9th level limit) instead of 1 status effect per ally as per Esunaga (based on Esuna).
Oh! That makes a lot more sense! Mm'kay, thanks for clearing that up.