Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragoons jump
So does the dragoons jump ability essentially make him immune to Attack Of Opportunity while moving, due to jump being as part of a move action. So you can just make a new jump every 5ft you move, its a bit beardy i know but does it work? Excluding flying creatures.
(03-01-2014, 01:37 AM)theholymoo Wrote: So does the dragoons jump ability essentially make him immune to Attack Of Opportunity while moving, due to jump being as part of a move action. So you can just make a new jump every 5ft you move, its a bit beardy i know but does it work? Excluding flying creatures.

Does not make him immune. Still provokes if you jump in a way that does.
I'm still confused could you give me an example please? Cause the way i see it it's used to move through or out of a threatened square but can just be reused every time you move through or out of a threatened square, making you immune to that type of AoO.
(03-01-2014, 05:06 PM)theholymoo Wrote: I'm still confused could you give me an example please? Cause the way i see it it's used to move through or out of a threatened square but can just be reused every time you move through or out of a threatened square, making you immune to that type of AoO.

For example, like creatures with Reach. Or if you jump in a way where you pass thru a threatened space of a creature. Also, moving (jumping) more than 5 feet while in a threatened space of a creature also provokes.
so are those all things you ignore due to the jump ability or things that invoke? cause if those are things that you ignore... they are immune to movement based attacks of oppertunity, which is cool, but if those are things that still invoke i miss the point of the ability.

Unless you are saying that they ignore leaving a threatened square but not moving through a threatened square... in which case, Kay.
They are not immune to attacks of opportunity via jumping.
then what is the part about them not invoking attacks of opportunity referencing?

"A dragoon using this ability does not provoke an attack of opportunity unless they pass through a square that is threatened by a flying creature that he is not attacking directly. If a dragoon is hit in this manner, they fall to the ground prone in the square in front of the creature."

I'm not trying to be frustrating its just no one at my table understands how this works.
(03-04-2014, 06:39 AM)theholymoo Wrote: then what is the part about them not invoking attacks of opportunity referencing?

"A dragoon using this ability does not provoke an attack of opportunity unless they pass through a square that is threatened by a flying creature that he is not attacking directly. If a dragoon is hit in this manner, they fall to the ground prone in the square in front of the creature."

I'm not trying to be frustrating its just no one at my table understands how this works.

My bad. I was thinking about something else entirely. You are right, while jumping, they are immune to AoOs unless its by a flying creature's threatened space.