Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice and Questions
Hello, first of all, I have to say that our group has used this d20 and we have loved it. This is really great work, thank you! My group and I have some questions, though.

1. If you are a Dark Knight or a Holy Knight, and your alignment shifts from Evil/Good or vice versa, do you lose your abilities like a Knight would? (We thought of how Cecil changed, but weren't sure when we saw that a Knight lost all of his abilities.)

2. I am the mage of the group, and I am not sure whether to use the spell list description of damage or healing, or the class spell list. (Ex: Healra or Cura).

3. We have been treating the bonus mp due to stats as accumulative and haven't really run into problems. The mages actually go oom halfway during the session, still (and that is conserving MP). I am still curious though, does it accumulate?

4. Advice: I love having Black and White magic, but I was tired of playing the usual White Mage/Black Mage/ Scholar, so I chose to play Sage (especially since I loved Tellah and always thought of being a Red Mage for black and white magic). The problem is I am not sure what to do after level 20 (epic campaign). Any advice?
(01-17-2014, 02:05 PM)Archmagel Wrote: Hello, first of all, I have to say that our group has used this d20 and we have loved it. This is really great work, thank you! My group and I have some questions, though.

1. If you are a Dark Knight or a Holy Knight, and your alignment shifts from Evil/Good or vice versa, do you lose your abilities like a Knight would? (We thought of how Cecil changed, but weren't sure when we saw that a Knight lost all of his abilities.)

2. I am the mage of the group, and I am not sure whether to use the spell list description of damage or healing, or the class spell list. (Ex: Healra or Cura).

3. We have been treating the bonus mp due to stats as accumulative and haven't really run into problems. The mages actually go oom halfway during the session, still (and that is conserving MP). I am still curious though, does it accumulate?

4. Advice: I love having Black and White magic, but I was tired of playing the usual White Mage/Black Mage/ Scholar, so I chose to play Sage (especially since I loved Tellah and always thought of being a Red Mage for black and white magic). The problem is I am not sure what to do after level 20 (epic campaign). Any advice?

1. Yes, if your alignment shifts away from good/evil for holy/dark knight, you lose all class abilities.

2. What mage are you? Black, Blue, Red, or White?

3. It doesn't accumulate. Its the total MP gain from stats based off level.

4. I can't really answer that. I have so much other things to work on. Epic levels are hard to balance and maintain imo.
(01-17-2014, 06:02 PM)Viladin Wrote:
(01-17-2014, 02:05 PM)Archmagel Wrote:

1. Yes, if your alignment shifts away from good/evil for holy/dark knight, you lose all class abilities.

2. What mage are you? Black, Blue, Red, or White?

3. It doesn't accumulate. Its the total MP gain from stats based off level.

4. I can't really answer that. I have so much other things to work on. Epic levels are hard to balance and maintain imo.

1.Thank you! That clarifies much of the confusion.

2. I am Red Mage with the Sage alternative.

3. Ah, thank you again!

4. I understand, and wish you luck! This really is a great site. I will try maybe some Time Mage.

Oh, wait, my bad. It is Spark and Detonate. I was leveling before tonight's session and got mixed up.

Spark on the BM spell list is as follows: Spark: Deals 2d6 points of lightning damage to primary target and arcs to secondary targets within 10 feet.

Spark on the Spell list is as follows: The target for this spell requires the Static status effect to be in effect. Once you cast this spell, the Static status effect is removed and a blast of lightning bursts from the target. The blast deals lightning damage equal to your caster level (maximum 5) plus your Intelligence modifier to the primary target. After it strikes, lightning can arc to a number of secondary targets equal to your caster level (maximum 5). The secondary blasts each strike one target and deal half as much lightning damage as the primary bolt.

Again, sorry for the confusion.
(01-17-2014, 07:01 PM)Archmagel Wrote: 2. I am Red Mage with the Sage alternative.

Oh, wait, my bad. It is Spark and Detonate. I was leveling before tonight's session and got mixed up.

Spark on the BM spell list is as follows: Spark: Deals 2d6 points of lightning damage to primary target and arcs to secondary targets within 10 feet.

Spark on the Spell list is as follows: The target for this spell requires the Static status effect to be in effect. Once you cast this spell, the Static status effect is removed and a blast of lightning bursts from the target. The blast deals lightning damage equal to your caster level (maximum 5) plus your Intelligence modifier to the primary target. After it strikes, lightning can arc to a number of secondary targets equal to your caster level (maximum 5). The secondary blasts each strike one target and deal half as much lightning damage as the primary bolt.

2. Your Red Mage has its own spell list. Which borrows a few from Black/White Magic.

Spark: That is a mistake, the Spark in the Spell Description is the correct.
(01-17-2014, 07:24 PM)Viladin Wrote:
(01-17-2014, 07:01 PM)Archmagel Wrote: 2. I am Red Mage with the Sage alternative.

2. Your Red Mage has its own spell list. Which borrows a few from Black/White Magic.

Yeah, I use that for normal spells, but I was just borrowing spells from the Blm & Whm spell for the Ruby Scholar ability that the Sage alternative grants.

PS:My GM is wondering if you are a normal Red Mage, can you become a Scholar? He has a Rdm NPC he was trying to make a story for.
(01-17-2014, 07:32 PM)Archmagel Wrote:
(01-17-2014, 07:24 PM)Viladin Wrote:

Yeah, I use that for normal spells, but I was just borrowing spells from the Blm & Whm spell for the Ruby Scholar ability that the Sage alternative grants.

PS:My GM is wondering if you are a normal Red Mage, can you become a Scholar? He has a Rdm NPC he was trying to make a story for.

Unfortunately no. Red Mage doesn't fill the requirements because his spells are Red Magic (even though they get some Black/White magic spells).

About your red mage spells, you use the spell descriptions (if you borrow from black/white mage spell lists).