Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concerning Artifice
I was going to be working on the Chemist but after a while of looking through it I realized the "Craft Alchemical Items [Item Creation]" Feat and what's made with it would need to be updated/clarified before I could reasonably alter the Chemist class since it is heavily based around it's ability to make and use the magical Alchemical Items, about as much as the Pathfinder Alchemist is based around the Craft (Alchemy) skill and related themes. And since I was going over one of the magic item pages I figured I may as well also grab the others while I was at it. I didn't go into too much detail about individual items since magic items are inherently varied by necessity.

1. For all magic items on the FFd20 site consider changing the presentation of them to be a bit more uniform.

Name:
Aura: Caster Level
Slot: Buy Price: Weight
Description:
Construction Requirements:
Item Creation Feat, Spells, Other Feats, Other Misc.
Cost to create:

2. Consider renaming the feat Craft Alchemical Items (Craft Alchemical Tools or Vials maybe?) so as to help differentiate between the magical Alchemical Items created via the feat and the mundane Alchemical Items (such as alchemist's fire) made via Craft (Alchemy).

3. You should consider either in the text of the feat or the Alchemical Item's page what skills are used in creation (I'm assuming Spellcraft [which is default to all item creation feats in pathfinder] and Craft (Alchemy) much like with potions). Similarly with Craft Materia (suggested: Spellcraft, Craft (Jewelry)) and Craft Accessories (suggested " Spellcraft or an applicable Craft or Profession skill check.", some of the items wouldn't fit neatly into one over arching craft or profession skill so going the route they did with wondrous items seems best).

4. For the magical Alchemical Items are they supposed to be effectively casting the spell when used (in which case they may need updated to properly reflect current spell damage) or are they just effects based on the spell used in construction?

5. For the Ingested, Contact and Inhaled tags on the items you should consider defining the terms/conditions of use for each type. Obviously Ingested needs to be consumed for effect, but Contact without a description could be assumed to work as a contact poison allowing it to be put on weapons, door-knobs, tools, clothing, etc. And inhaled needs a listed area that it fills when used (inhaled poisons for example fill a 10x10' area).

6. In general the spells required for creation of Alchemical Items need to be updated due to some recent changes removing the status removing spells that are now covered by Esuna.

7. Consider adding an Alchemical Item to remove the Sap condition to Tier I or II.

8. Consider adding an Alchemical Item to remove the Charm condition to Tier I or II. The Charm Condition also needs to be listed in the status effect page.

9. Consider adding an Alchemical Item to remove the Weighted condition to Tier I or II.

10. Daze is not entered on the Status Effect Page.

11. Consider adding an Alchemical Item to remove the Doom condition to Tier IV.

12. Consider revising prices on all alchemical items. A uniform pricing structure would be useful.

13. Consider changing references in regard to the items made via the Craft Alchemical Items feat to not have them called Potions (with the exception of the Cure Potion, Hi-Potion and X-Potion since that's simply their name) so as to keep it differentiated from the Brew Potion Feat.

14. Consider reorganizing the Magical Accessories Page by Location and Price on the tables (Such as a separate table for each Magic Item Slot location, from lowest cost to highest cost).

15. None of the Magical Accessories list Construction requirements beyond the Caster Level and Craft Accessory Feat. I would assume some spell prerequisites should be applicable.

16. Consider reevaluating the costs for the Accessories since some of them (such as those that cause absorption of certain energy types) are significantly cheaper then they reasonably should be. Example: In Pathfinder a ring of Energy Resistance Greater (resistance 30) is 44,000 to purchase, in the FFd20 a ring that absorbs an energy type (which is better then resistance, obviously) is only 25,000.

17. None of the Materia list construction requirements beyond the caster level and they don't have the crafting cost or buy price for a level 0 materia, unless I misread all newly created materia start off with 0MXP making it so that the only ones priced to allow for a newly made materia are the common since their level 1 is 0MXP.

18. Consider revising the wording regarding the new materia that splits off of Mastered Materia, since it only specifies the same "Type" which could be argued to mean "Spell, Support, Independent, Ability, Summon"

19. Are the Spell, Support and Summon materia all counted as Spell-Trigger items (for the purpose of their castable spells) and otherwise Use-Activated (their slotted benefits), while the Independent and Ability Materia are simply Use-Activated?

20. "Craft Materia [Item Creation]" says it requires a caster level of 6 to take the feat. Since Pathfinder based characters get feats every odd level this means the earliest it would be available is 7'th level, consider revising the caster level requirement.

21. The Magitek should probably have spells included in their construction requirements, and possibly a required number of ranks in Knowledge (Engineering) or Knowledge (Technology).

22. The Special Defenses portion of the Magitek page states that magitek are disabled at 0 hp is this accurate.

23. Consider revising the cost of scrolls. Admittedly all the casters being spontaneous casters that can learn every spell by using a scroll like a wizard can is powerful but not so powerful as to justify a single, single use scroll even a level 9 scroll costing more then an average +5 equivalent weapon.

24. You should add a description of how a caster learns a spell from a scroll. Such as if a check is required, if any cost is associated (outside of the cost of the scroll) and weather or not the scroll is consumed upon use.