Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poison and their like spells
Poison level 2
Bio level 3
Ok, these spells are fine because they are the single target variants, but these:
Poisonga level 5
Biora level 5
Toxify level 4

i dont know, 2 spells that afflict with Sap, Toxify doesnt have the same descriptive in the spell list and full description. Maybe take a look-over to make sure it's all good?
(09-28-2013, 01:58 PM)Raybras Wrote: Poison level 2
Bio level 3
Ok, these spells are fine because they are the single target variants, but these:
Poisonga level 5
Biora level 5
Toxify level 4

i dont know, 2 spells that afflict with Sap, Toxify doesnt have the same descriptive in the spell list and full description. Maybe take a look-over to make sure it's all good?

That is probably a good assessment.
My opinion all of these spells could use a cap on the number of rounds they are effective for, other then that...

I agree Poison is fine as a spell level 2, Poisona is there to counter it and it's only 1d6/level, though consider giving poisona a range like the poison spell does.

Bio at spell level 3 poses a bit of a problem. It's 1d8+ casting mod, able to be cast at 6'th level and can't be countered without a 1000 gil alchemical item until level 7 when esuna can negate it. Also it causing 1d8+ CASTING MOD per round is a bit much, even as a fort negate. Consider either dropping the casting mod to damage or decrease the damage die a few steps.

Toxify lacks an area listing for it's effect in the spell description, and as a 4'th level spell that has longer range, better damage and a larger area (20' radius going by the black mage spell list), it basically negates any reason to take Poisonga. Consider putting it at a higher spell level or drop the Damage die down to a d4 to give poisonga more viability, while having this one be more of a tactical spell maybe make it a spread spell.

Poisonga, other then a cap on rounds like I said at the top of the post for all of the poison/sap spells, it seems fine at 5'th.

Biora, again just like Bio 1d8 + casting mod is a bit much. Stronger then Toxify but smaller area and much closer range, and similarly negates much of any reason to take Poisonga, maybe bump it up a spell level or two.