Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spellstrike Question
Once per round, a red mage can deliver a ranged touch spell through his or her melee attack. Would it be possible to use this as part of a full-attack (if not normally, would the red mage need to be using spell combat)? If so, would only the first attack get the effects of the spell or all of them?

Also, for the ranged variation, eventually the ruby magister can infuse his or her hanged melee attacks with a multiple target spell. It makes mention of the maximum numbering being limited by that of the maximum allowed by the spell in the case of a ray. Unless I missed one, the only ray attack that hits more than one target would be the summoner's Aerospark. So, does using ranged spellstrike with an aoe spell like firaga have a max number of targets based on the user's base attack bonus? Or would using a spell like that be impossible and I'm simply missing reading something?

Sorry for the long winded questions >.<;;
(09-09-2013, 03:26 AM)Freeray Wrote: Once per round, a red mage can deliver a ranged touch spell through his or her melee attack. Would it be possible to use this as part of a full-attack (if not normally, would the red mage need to be using spell combat)? If so, would only the first attack get the effects of the spell or all of them?

Also, for the ranged variation, eventually the ruby magister can infuse his or her hanged melee attacks with a multiple target spell. It makes mention of the maximum numbering being limited by that of the maximum allowed by the spell in the case of a ray. Unless I missed one, the only ray attack that hits more than one target would be the summoner's Aerospark. So, does using ranged spellstrike with an aoe spell like firaga have a max number of targets based on the user's base attack bonus? Or would using a spell like that be impossible and I'm simply missing reading something?

Sorry for the long winded questions >.<;;

Has to be apart of Spell Combat and only the first attack gets the effects.

There are currently no multi ray spells yet. I kinda left it open for now. I may just change the ability. And firaga spell would not work with it.
Just wanted to make sure. Thank you for the quick reply~
Under the new changes to basic Fire, Blizzard, etc. spells, they technically would not be able to be used for Spell Strike, which leaves only the Fiery Shurikan. Or, will those still be compatible with Spell Strike, and if so, what exactly limits the spells compatible with Spell Strike?
(09-20-2013, 01:43 AM)Freeray Wrote: Under the new changes to basic Fire, Blizzard, etc. spells, they technically would not be able to be used for Spell Strike, which leaves only the Fiery Shurikan. Or, will those still be compatible with Spell Strike, and if so, what exactly limits the spells compatible with Spell Strike?

Oooh. I had forgotten about Spellstrike. I may have to either add more ranged touch spells, change the spellstrike wording, or change the ability all together.