Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragoon, Full attack or Vital Strike?
Hello,

New to the FFd20 page and love the work that has been done with it. I have a simple question; is the Dragoon class meant to do a movement/jump then a single large attack, repeating each round? Or simply jumping into combat then full-attacks as normal. I imagine jumping each turn would result in less damage late game, as you don't have the full-attacks (unless you went vital strike or something).

Thanks for any insight.
(08-06-2013, 01:54 PM)Lothriel Wrote: Hello,

New to the FFd20 page and love the work that has been done with it. I have a simple question; is the Dragoon class meant to do a movement/jump then a single large attack, repeating each round? Or simply jumping into combat then full-attacks as normal. I imagine jumping each turn would result in less damage late game, as you don't have the full-attacks (unless you went vital strike or something).

Thanks for any insight.

Early on, its usually charge/jump into the fray, then multiattack. Later on is when you get the ability to make a full attack through charging/jumping.
(08-06-2013, 02:42 PM)Viladin Wrote: Early on, its usually charge/jump into the fray, then multiattack. Later on is when you get the ability to make a full attack through charging/jumping.

Forgive my ignorance, what ability makes this available (as normally a move action would prevent multiattack)?
Ok, I was wrong. Tongue Thought it was a full attack, but was this ability below.

Swoop of a Dragon (Ex): At 15th level, when a dragoon drops a creature from a charge attack, he gets an immediate action to jump upon another creature within range of his Acrobatic skill check for an extra melee attack. The extra attack is with the same weapon and at the same bonus as the attack that dropped the previous creature.
Yeah thats what I figured, so the Vital Strike tree would be needed to keep up with other classes. Does the vital strike bonus double from 'Leaping Charge'?
Vital strike is like sneak attack damage its bonus damage so no doubling.
<(°_°^) (^°_°^) (^°_°)>
(08-06-2013, 03:38 PM)Lothriel Wrote: Yeah thats what I figured, so the Vital Strike tree would be needed to keep up with other classes. Does the vital strike bonus double from 'Leaping Charge'?

Nope. Can't use Vital strike with a charge.

Quote:Can Vital Strike be used with Spring Attack? Can Vital Strike be used on a charge?

No. Vital Strike can only be used as part of an attack action, which is a specific kind of standard action. Spring Attack is a special kind of full-round action that includes the ability to make one melee attack, not one attack action. Charging uses similar language and can also not be used in combination with Vital Strike.
Alright then, I'll see if my DM can houserule vital strike working on charge.

Thanks for your help!
Hey All,

Sorry for the necro, if a Leaping Charge is a critical would it be doubled before critical multipliers?
(09-03-2013, 07:05 PM)Lothriel Wrote: Hey All,

Sorry for the necro, if a Leaping Charge is a critical would it be doubled before critical multipliers?

The critical multiplier goes up by 1. (For example, if x3, it would be x4)