Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Idea Kicking Around In My Head.
What you are talking about Vil is an award system. "Dude, you made a level. Here is some candy." It should be static and not based on ability scores that further reward high rolls that are already rewarding but things everybody can use. Already we reward with gil, magic items, power, and prestige. I like it. It could add to a character's success. How about each level you give 6 destiny points or if your players like to roll dice roll a d10? You could use them like the favored class bonuses or save them to burn in the adventure. Burn one as a free action before the result of a die roll is known for a +2 destiny bonus to the roll. A +2 translates as a 10% bump which is not much but the player gets to choose when to use it and how many times is a roll missed by just a little bit? This would be easy to play test in an existing game too. "You open the chest to find (# of pc) potions. Once consumed you gain x# of destiny points..." Let it run it's course. If it was fun throw more in later. If not or if it unbalances or something there never see another one again. Go for it Vil and let us know how it turns out.

Messages In This Thread
An Idea Kicking Around In My Head. - by Viladin - 07-08-2013, 09:32 PM
RE: An Idea Kicking Around In My Head. - by Zeth - 07-10-2013, 04:25 PM