Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official Update Thread
[color=#FF4500]3/28/2013 - Epic update:[/color] I have fully changed over to Pathfinder for FFd20. Though, still working on Summoner's spell list. Website finally updated! Huzzah!

http://www.finalfantasyd20.com/ffd20/index.html
Just as a notice gun mage is now missing from the prestige class list.
(04-03-2013, 09:38 PM)Endwave Wrote: Just as a notice gun mage is now missing from the prestige class list.

Yeah, was planning for the Gun Mage to come back as a Blue Mage archetype with Nih's representation.
As a note: I'm hoping to revisit that sometime and going a bit more in-depth. A few more original abilities, hopefully.
Since we have our Epic Update, are you planning on switching over the monsters as well to incorporate Pathfinder's Combat Maneuver Bonus and Defense instead of the 3.5 rules for Grapple, Trip, ect...
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
- Magus, Chrono Trigger
(04-10-2013, 09:43 AM)chaoticangel97 Wrote: Since we have our Epic Update, are you planning on switching over the monsters as well to incorporate Pathfinder's Combat Maneuver Bonus and Defense instead of the 3.5 rules for Grapple, Trip, ect...

Yes. Smile
(04-11-2013, 08:47 AM)Viladin Wrote:
(04-10-2013, 09:43 AM)chaoticangel97 Wrote: Since we have our Epic Update, are you planning on switching over the monsters as well to incorporate Pathfinder's Combat Maneuver Bonus and Defense instead of the 3.5 rules for Grapple, Trip, ect...

Yes. Smile
Awesome. Smile
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
- Magus, Chrono Trigger
4/13/2013 - Update: STILL working on Summoner's spell list. Change (read: nerf) damage on a few black mage swift combo spells. I had not intended for the Black Magery damage upgrade to affect them, so I fixed it. Added Heal skill back to the White Mage's skill list. Added a line about Engineer's Automaton if its destroyed. Blue Mages now start off with spells at 1st level and gain new ones with each level gained. Fixed Soldier Prestige class, lack of Monkey Grip feat in Pathfinder. And finally, due to boredom and someone challenging me to make a base class based off Kefka, I created this, the Kefkanite ( http://www.finalfantasyd20.com/ffd20/pat...kanite.pdf ). You may snicker now, but I love it. Smile
4/15/2013 - Minor Update: Fixed prestige classes with high amount of skill ranks needed, lowered the requirements.
4/15/2013 - More Minor Updates: Fixed up some minor errors and changed Goblin Punch and Photosynthesis for the better, they were looking lackluster after the big spell database update.
More and more minor updates: Fix a bunch of minor errors. Changed Blue Mage's Azure Summoning Limit Break's wording to add a limitation to prevent misuse.
Update: Changed the Limit Break system. I was kinda unhappy with how it was (and still kinda am after the change), reverted back to how it was before with an added feature.

Quote:Limit breaks are special abilities that all base and prestige classes get at 1st level. To activate a limit break, most require a standard action (though some limit breaks allow swift actions to be used) and you can only activate a limit break while your health is 50% or less. At 1st level, you get 1 limit break usage per day, and every 4 levels thereafter, you gain an additional limit break usage.

With the new change, most of the limit breaks got a minor rewrite.
Alright. That change makes it more of an "oh shit!" maneuver than ever. While more usable, I can see how some classes in some situations would rarely ever get to activate theirs.

More importantly (to me anyway), I'd like to know where we stand at on Summoner spells. I'm working on a project but I can't completely finish my database (and thus my project) until those are completed.
(04-26-2013, 02:38 PM)Tsriel Wrote: Alright. That change makes it more of an "oh shit!" maneuver than ever. While more usable, I can see how some classes in some situations would rarely ever get to activate theirs.

More importantly (to me anyway), I'd like to know where we stand at on Summoner spells. I'm working on a project but I can't completely finish my database (and thus my project) until those are completed.

Its going slow at the moment. About 25 out of 60 spells done.
(04-26-2013, 05:18 PM)Viladin Wrote: Its going slow at the moment. About 25 out of 60 spells done.

Hmmm, alright. Confused Now I'm debating releasing a version with the Summoner class withheld for now. I'm still somewhat early in development, but have been making good strides the past few days. I guess I'll find out where everything's at once I'm finished with all the ruleset data currently available.
Curious on what kind of project you're working on.
(04-26-2013, 06:14 PM)Viladin Wrote: Curious on what kind of project you're working on.

The "awesome surprise later" kind. Cool

These boards will have first dibs on access to it when I'm done.
(04-26-2013, 06:34 PM)Tsriel Wrote:
(04-26-2013, 06:14 PM)Viladin Wrote: Curious on what kind of project you're working on.

The "awesome surprise later" kind. Cool

These boards will have first dibs on access to it when I'm done.
Awesome for sure if we get first dibs
Go ahead and release it sans summoner. With the GITP forums down it's not like we have anything better to do in our down-time...
(04-26-2013, 06:11 PM)Tsriel Wrote:
(04-26-2013, 05:18 PM)Viladin Wrote: Its going slow at the moment. About 25 out of 60 spells done.

Hmmm, alright. Confused Now I'm debating releasing a version with the Summoner class withheld for now. I'm still somewhat early in development, but have been making good strides the past few days. I guess I'll find out where everything's at once I'm finished with all the ruleset data currently available.

Can't wait to see what you have.Tongue

Actually, I've been working on something inspired by FFXIII and The Last Remnant, I might post something here if there is interest.