Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official Update Thread
(01-19-2014, 11:50 PM)rjbprime Wrote:
(01-15-2014, 11:31 PM)Viladin Wrote: Not often enough. I'm still ironing out bugs and updating. Never feels finish for me to update the Main PDF.

But the normal PDFs (classes, races, etc) are regularly updated.

I generally check the site once a month for updates, but currently I am on holidays with minimal internet access, so haven't been able to check. Apart from the Main Book and Monster Compendium, are the rest of PDFs current? May I compile them into private, dated documents to share to my own gaming group? If not, I will link them to site to get their copies.

Yes, all the PDFs except main book and monster compendium are up to date. And feel free to compile them.
3/20/2024 - Major update: Finally! An update! Sorry for the long delay. In addition to this major update, changing how it looks for people to understand what has changed. With furtherado, here it is:

Classes

Bard - Did a major overhaul of the bard's songs. Moved a few songs to higher levels and added new single target songs. Moved Additional Song ability to 5th level and added 3 more bardic performance abilities at 1st level.
Blue Mage - Added a couple of new spells (Fearful Bay and Mournful Howl). Going to eventually remove all non-blue magic spells from their spell lists.
Dark Knight - Added a new Sense Good ability.
Dragoon - Nerfed the amount of bonus Acrobatics skill gained through Jump from double class level to class level. Added a new ability at 10th level, Springing Charge.
Fighter - Added CMB to the Agility fighter talent.
Geomancer - Added a new base class, removed from prestige class. Has their own spell list as well.
Gunner - Removed Rapid Reload feat as it does nothing for them. Added a couple of new abilities (Can't Out-cast a Bullet and Belly Shot)
Holy Knight - Added a new Sense Evil ability.
Summoner - All the Avatars' limit breaks now say they affect enemies only. Added a new summon spell, Unicorn Horn.
White Mage - All raise spells now require a material component to cast. All esuna-type spells now require a caster level check.

Prestige Classes

Fencer - Changed the wording of Natural Dodge to make it more clear.
Geomancer - Removed as a prestige class and added as a base class.
Mime - Increased the Aptitude Focus bonus from 1-5 to 2-10.

Archetypes

Bombardier - Removed Overdrive limit break and added Perfect Bomb.
Death Knight - Added "song" to the wording for the Special Command.
Tamer - Removed the archetype until I can fix it.

Races

All core races now have geomancer listed under favored classes.

Miscellaneous

Added Hero Points system from Pathfinder.
Changed the costs for Phoenix Down and Mega Phoenix alchemical items.
Minor update: What? So soon? This is madness!

Classes

Archer - Added Hawkeye (at level 2) ability.
Black Mage - Changed Cantrips ability to Cantrip spells (0 level). Added a list of 0-level spells.
Blue Mage - Added Cantrip spells (0 level). Added a list of 0-level spells.
Dark Knight - Added Shadow Burst (at level 5) ability.
Geomancer - Added Cantrip spells (0 level). Added a list of 0-level spells.
Holy Knight - Added Holy Burst (at level 5) ability..
Knight - Removed Quick Strap, Irresistible Advance, Supreme Armor Mastery, and Shield Saint abilities. Added Armored Defense, Shield Buffet, Fortification, Stalwart, Shield Guard, Shield Ward, and Indestructible. Moved Defend Ally ability from 2nd level to 1st. Moved Stand Firm ability from 3rd level to 2nd. Moved Active Defense ability from 7th level to 3rd. Moved Fortress of Defense ability from 9th level to 8th. Lowered Skill Points per level from 4 to 2.
Necromancer - Added Cantrip spells (0 level). Added a list of 0-level spells
Red Mage - Added Cantrip spells (0 level). Added a list of 0-level spells.
Summoner - Added Cantrip spells (0 level). Added a list of 0-level spells.
White Mage - Changed Cantrips ability to Cantrip spells (0 level). Added a list of 0-level spells.
Minor update: More changes, good and bad.

Classes

Archer - Tweaked the Hawkeye ability. Removed Extended Range and replaced it with High Ground. Moved Expert Archer from 5th to 4th level. Added Hunter Tricks at 5th level. Changed Master Archer ability.
Blue Mage - Scan and Libra now allow creatures to resist with a successful Will save.
Dragoon - Tweaked the Jump ability to allow dragoons to jump as part of a charge. Dropped the additional d6's of damage for Deadly Lancer for jumping farther. Deleted Dragon Knight ability, moved Leaping Charge to its place, added Mighty Charge in replacement. Added Fighter Training at 6th level.

Prestige Classes

Skald - Tweaked the Base Attack Bonus requirement from +3 to +2.

Archetypes

Dragon Knight - Added the Dragon Knight ability from the Dragoon class that replaces Leaping Charge.
Skirmisher - Deleted the archetype and melded the abilities into the Archer class.

Races

Mithra - Changed the starting racial modifiers for the Liono subtype from +2 Dex/Wis, -2 Cha to +2 Str/Cha, -2 Wis.
Forget to mention, added a few more skills to the Archer's skill list.
So not sure if this goes here, so move it if needed. Is there anyone willing to bunch all the documents into a single download or something? I use this regularly offline, due to having a tablet and not always having net access. I have all the documents on my tablet but it was before all these updates (the march/april ones). While I am willing to manually go through the lists again, I imagine I cannot be the only that does this. I have no skill or know-how on putting them all together. If anyone can do this, awesome. If not, understandable and will just keep doing it the slower way.
I just haven't had time to redo the whole book together and with updating once or twice a week, I'm always having to edit.
Not you Vil, man you got enough on your plate and we all appreciate the hard work ya do for this project. It was more for the rest of the community, if anyone was willing to do it.
Major update: Changes to the MP system, a whole slew of blue magic spells, and a few changes here and there to classes.

Classes

Bard - Moved Clear Mind ability to 10th level because of the MP system change.
Black Mage - Moved Clear Mind ability to 10th level because of the MP system change.
Blue Mage - Moved Clear Mind ability to 10th level because of the MP system change. Removed all blue magic spells that were part of other mage's spells and added a whole slew of new blue magic spells in replacement.
Dark Knight - Changed all abilities (including spellcasting) that used Intelligence modifier to Charisma modifier instead. All auras were changed to Charisma modifier for bonuses/penalties.
Dragoon - Removed Sweeping Fend ability and added Shellbreaker ability in replacement.
Geomancer - Added Clear Mind ability to 10th level because I forgot to give them this ability.
Holy Knight - Changed all abilities (including spellcasting) that used Wisdom modifier to Charisma modifier instead. All auras were changed to Charisma modifier for bonuses.
Kefkanite - Added Clear Mind ability to 10th level because I forgot to give them this ability.
Knight - Added Shield Training at 2nd level, to allow them to take shield-related feats that were fighter only.
Necromancer - Moved Clear Mind ability to 10th level because of the MP system change.
Red Mage - Moved Clear Mind ability to 10th level because of the MP system change.
Summoner - Moved Clear Mind ability to 10th level because of the MP system change. Added a new ability, Paragon Summons at 15th level.
White Mage - Moved Clear Mind ability to 10th level because of the MP system change.

Archetypes

Fell Knight - Changed mount to yellow chocobo at 5th level, then upgrades to black chocobo at 10th.
Temple Knight - Changed mount to yellow chocobo at 5th level, then upgrades to white chocobo at 10th.

Races

Tarutaru - Changed the wording on their Detect Magic racial spell-like ability.

Spells/MP System

Added a whole slew of new blue magic spells and removed all spells that were borrowed from other mage's spell list.
MP now regens at a slower rate. After at least 8 hours of rest, characters may meditate for 30 minutes to restore their amount of magic points equal to their caster level plus their primary casting modifier.

Materia

Items now only have one slot to affix a materia onto. I may be open to suggestions for additional slots, but with the current magical items, it is pretty powerful.

Monster Compendium

A set of monsters I will be creating for my players in homage of FFXIV, the Primals. I have created the first one (I hope that my players will not look at this. /glares at Eman-Ritan) called Primal Titan.
Major update: A new class, a new prestige class, new archetypes, and new spells, oh my!

Classes

Blue Mage - Removed Knowledge (Beast Lore) and now Blue Mages now need most of the Knowledge skills to learn spells and use your class features. Upgraded their Skill Points per level from 4 to 6.
Dark Knight - Removed black mage spells and added their own spell list. Changed the wording for Aura of Spell Resistance to start off at 20.
Dragoon - Readded bonus damage to their Deadly Lancer ability for jumping beyond 10 feet.
Holy Knight - Removed white mage spells and added their own spell list.
Illusionist - A new spellcasting base class that utilizes (you guessed it!) illusions.
Necromancer - Added a couple of new necromancy spells.
Red Mage - Readded spellstrike with a slight change. Added Magic Weapon and Greater Magic Weapon to their spell list.
White Mage - Added new lower level (2nd) stat buff spells.

Prestige Classes

Berserker - Removed as a prestige class and added as a Beastmaster archetype.
Ninja - Hit points upgraded from d6 to d8.
Phantom Blade - A new prestige class for Illusionists (mainly) that aims to be a melee illusory weapons master.

Archetypes

Berserker - Removed as a prestige class and added as a Beastmaster archetype.
Death Knight - Changed wording from black mage spells to dark knight spells.
Fell Knight - Slight wording change.
Rune Knight - Changed wording from white mage spells to holy knight spells.
Saboteur - New archetype for the Thief class.
Sniper - New archetype for the Archer class.
Tamer - Archetype fixed and readded to the Beastmaster class.
Templar - New archetype for the White Mage class.
Temple Knight - Slight wording change.
Trickster - New archetype for the Thief class.

Races

All base races have Illusionist added to the favored class options. Several blue mage favored class options edited to fit the blue mage change.

Spells

Added a whole slew of illusionist, dark knight, and holy knight spells.
Maybe I am just missing things, but not seeing the new stuff on the site. Is it just in the pdfs right now or something? Well, time to re-add it all to my tablet, keep up the good work Vil. Appreciate it.

Disregard. It all just popped up when I went back to the site. Either just that tired, or needed a refresh.
Minor update: Minor overhaul on the Thief class, updates to certain spells and the Red Mage spell list, and changes to the Accessory magical items.

Classes

Blue Mage - Added wording to Simulation and Assimulation to include Standard actions.
Dark Knight - Corrected a minor word error for Smite Good.
Necromancer - Added a couple of necromancer spells.
Red Mage - Spell list given a slight overhaul.
Thief - Added a whole slew of Thief Talents. Changed Improved Steal and Greater Steal into Improved Theft and Theft Mastery. These will help the thief with their Sleight of Hand skill checks and Steal combat maneuvers.

Archetypes

Magitek Operator - Removed Powered by Magic and added Improved Magitek.

Songs/Spells

Mage's Ballad - Mage's Ballad was removed from the Bard song list. It was deemed unbalancing.
Raise spells - Removed the material component for all raise-type spells and added limited timers.
Esuna spells - Changed how esuna-type spells functioned (the wording was confusing to alot of players and myself). Esuna was raised to 4th level, Esunaga raised to 6th. New spell: Greater Esuna, 7th level spell. New spell: Greater Esunaga, 9th level spell.
Red Mage spell list - Removed the majority of the current 6th level spells and added new ones as well as added a few illusion spells.
Detect Magic - Detect Magic cantrip was added to all the spell lists.
Dispel - Changed the wording to fit the Pathfinder Dispel Magic spell.

Magical Items

Craft Accessory was removed as it was no longer necessary with the change over to Pathfinder. All the Accessories were converted into Wondrous Items or Rings and the prices were changed for most of the items.
New swords (courtesy of Kaiser6012) were also added to the list.
Major update: Eight new archetypes, a new Primal monster, removal of spells and replaced with new ones, and FFd20 Main Book updated and finished (tentatively). With the photoshop help of Bren McGuire, he has created me 2 new covers, one for the FFd20 Monster Compendium (which is almost finished, whenever I can finish Leviathan and Garuda primals) and the new book I'm working on: FFd20 Technology Book. You will noticed that I removed all instances of technology from the main book (gunner, engineer, medic classes, as well as archetypes and prestige classes that has dealt with technology), so I can put them all in the new book.

Classes

Chocobo Knight - Increased hit points from d10 to d12.
Gunner - Decreased hit points from d10 to d8 and decrease BAB from full to 3/4ths.

Prestige Classes

Skald - Increased hit points from d8 to d10.

Archetypes

Caller - Summoner archetype that allows the summoner to summon monsters even while his avatar is out.
Cannoneer - Gunner archetype that specializes in cannons and the like.
Defender - Fighter archetype that prefers defense over offense.
Lancer - Dragoon archetype that uses mounts to deal their deadly lancer damage.
Marauder - Beastmaster archetype that uses large two-handed weapons to overcome their foes.
Mog Knight - A moogle-only Chocobo Knight archetype that specializes in pouncing their enemies. (Created by Gabriel Waisaith)
Ranger - Archer archetype that hunts down their favored foes, using their favored terrain to their advantage.
Viking - Fighter archetype that strikes fear into the heart of her foes, and in battle can fly into a terrible rage.

Spells

Black Mage - Removed all 6th and 8th redundant aoe spells, replaced them with other spells.
Geomancer - Added a couple of new spells at 6th and 8th.
White Mage - Added a couple of new spells at 6th and 8th.

Monster Compendium

A new Primal has been added: Ifrit, Lord of the Inferno. On the horizon, the next to be created are: Garuda, Lady of the Vortex and Leviathan, Lord of the Whorl.

Equipment

Armor values of most of the armor has been changed.
Major update: Another? So soon? I know, I was feeling pretty bored over the week. Two new races and 38 archetypes (including racial archetypes). The FFd20 main book will be updated... tomorrow. I don't think I could stomach dealing with bookmarks again so soon. :p

Races

Shindroid - A Shinra-created Construct humanoid race.
Varg - A 'werewolf'-like race of bipedal wolfmen.

Archetypes

Bard
Dragon Herald - A gria bard archetype that worships a dragon type.
Prankster - A moogle bard archetype that loves to cause mischief.

Beastmaster
Feral Gnasher - A ronso beastmaster archetype that uses its fangs to get its point across.
Pack-Bonded Hunter - A varg beastmaster archetype that bonds with its allies rather than with an animal companion.
Wild Shadow - A viera beastmaster archetype that uses the terrain to her advantage.

Black Mage
Arcane Bomber - A black mage archetype that combines bombs and magic for exploding fun.
Arcanist - A black mage archetype that uses primal magic to fuel some of his spells.
Sorcerer - A black mage archetype that develops powers from his bloodline.

Chocobo Knight
Fell Rider - A galka chocobo knight archetype that rides a powerful beastly chocobo.
Order of the Bird - A tarutaru chocobo knight archetype that uses his mount to guard tarutarus and their villages.

Fighter
Airborne Ambusher - An aegyl fighter archetype that masters the sky for battle.
Dirty Fighter - A seeq fighter archetype that uses dirty tricks and sneakiness to enhance his prowess.
Foehammer - A dwarf fighter archetype that uses hammers to smite his foes.

Geomancer
Feral Child - A hume geomancer archetype that befriends an animal companion.

Gunner
Buccaneer - A hume gunner archetype that learns to master the decks of boats and airships.
Experimental Gunsmith - A moogle gunner archetype that uses an experimental firearm and explosives.

Holy Knight
Redeemer - A qu holy knight archetype that tries to redeem evil and monstrous creatures to the path of good.
Stonelord - A dwarf holy knight archetype that masters the powers of earth.
Tranquil Guardian - A ronso holy knight archetype that tries to spread peace and tranquility.

Illusionist
Shadowcaster - An illusionist archetype that focuses on mastering shadow magic.

Knight
Sentinel - A knight archetype that masters the tower shield.
Tactician - A knight archetype that uses teamwork to aid his allies.

Monk
Diminutive Adept - A tarutaru monk archetype that uses his small stature to one-up anyone bigger than him.
Ironskin Monk - A galka monk archetype that focuses on hardening himself against attacks rather than speed.
Student of the Stone - A dwarf monk archetype that masters the power of earth and stone.
Treetop Monk - A viera monk archetype that uses the trees to her advantage.
Wanderer - A hume monk archetype that masters his movement, often being quicker than his opponents.

Necromancer
Necrotic Healer - A necromancer archetype that focuses on healing others than summoning the undead.

Red Mage
Elemental Knight - A nu mou red mage archetype that elemental energies surging through their blood.
Spell Dancer - An elvaan red mage archetype that performs a unique dance that enhances his form.

Thief
Deadly Courtesan - A viera thief archetype that masters manipulation and deception.
Eldritch Raider - A nu mou thief archetype that searches for artifacts and relics in destroyed homelands.
Filcher - A tarutaru thief arcfhetype that empathizes on becoming the perfect theft artist.
Skulking Slayer - A galka thief archetype that focuses on brute force than agile and dexterity.
Street Magician - A thief archetype that focuses on magic and tricks.
Swordmaster - An elvaan thief archetype that masters the six deadly sword trances.
Trickster - A gria thief archetype that uses charm and persuasion to get what she wants.

White Mage
Forgemaster - A dwarf white mage archetype that focuses on enchanting armor and weapons with runes.

Feats

Advanced Construction - A new shindroid feat that changes the metal of its body.
FFd20 Main Book updated, and minor website errors fixed and changes.
Minor update: Added a slew of metamagic feats and racial feats, a new race (Burmecians), and a few more archetypes. Also corrected some minor errors.

Races

Burmecian - An anthromorphic ratfolk who live in Burmecia and Cleyra.

Archetypes

Dragon Knight - Made changes to the DK dragoon archetype. It is now a burmecian-only archetype and I added new abilities.
Gulch Gunner - A burmercian gunner archetype that uses firearms up close and personal to deadly effect.
Plague Bringer - A burmecian chemist archetype that creates plague vials to infect his enemies.
Pugilist - A bangaa monk archetype that uses an unique form of fighting style.
Warmech - A shindroid engineer archetype that helps protects his allies with his force fields and battle armor.

Feats

Metamagic Feats - Added the following metamagic feats to fit within this system: Bouncing Spell, Burning Spell, Dazing Spell, Disruptive Spell, Ectoplasmic Spell, Elemental Spell, Flaring Spell, Heighten Spell, Intensified Spell, Lingering Spell, Merciful Spell, Persistant Spell, Piercing Spell, Reach spell, Rime Spell, Selective Spell, Sickening Spell, Threatening Illusion, Thundering Spell, and Umbral Spell.
Racial Feats - Added 6 varg racial feats: Bone-Crushing Jaws, Desert Runner, Pack Tactician, Spotter, Throwdown Trip, and Tripping Bite.
Damn Vil. Every time I think I have all the new content figured out, you come out with more. Good going man...we all appreciate your hard work.
(07-01-2014, 11:08 AM)silverwerret Wrote: Damn Vil. Every time I think I have all the new content figured out, you come out with more. Good going man...we all appreciate your hard work.

Thanks Smile Though, it will be slowing down now. Pathfinder is coming out with a technology book in August. So I'll be working slowly on my technology book until PF's book comes out.
found a mistake for Varg's Bite: it says Bangaa when it talks about secondary attack.
p.s. I love the tactician :3
Fixed. Also caught Burmecian had the same error. Tongue