Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Idea Kicking Around In My Head.
While I'm slowly converting FFd20 Monsters to Pathfinder, and causing mages to scream in rage and fright at the thought of a nerf... I was thinking of an optional system similar to FFXIII's crystarium system in which players as they level get points that they can spend in minor (very minor) statistics, for example... like additional hit points, skill points, magic points, etc. Not any attribute, armor class, saving throws, or the like, but minor stuff (though one can say that magic points aren't minor, but I digress).

The way it works is upon a level, a player gains... let's say... "destiny points" equal to the amount of modifiers of all your abilities, including penalties. For example, if you had a lvl 1 Fighter with 18 str, 12 dex, 16 con, 10 int, 12 wis, 8 cha, he would gain, upon gaining level 2, 8 destiny points in which he can immediately spend. It may cost 5 destiny points to gain additional hit points, or for a different example, perhaps spend 2 destiny points to reroll a HP roll, 3 destiny points to reroll 1s. Etc.. etc.

Any thoughts?

Messages In This Thread
An Idea Kicking Around In My Head. - by Viladin - 07-08-2013, 09:32 PM
RE: An Idea Kicking Around In My Head. - by Zeth - 07-10-2013, 04:25 PM