Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Official Update Thread
Major update: Changed all the classic ranged touch spells (Aero, Blizzard, Dark, Fire, Light, Stone, Thunder, Water) to non-ranged touch. This wasn't a light decision. Also, removed the number of affected allies limitation on all area effect healing spells. Protectra, Shellra, and Renew got a 3rd level version as well as changing the morale bonus to resistance bonus for Bar-status, Bar-element, and Shell spells. Esuna changed to a 1st level spell and majorly changed as well as Esunaga as a 3rd level spell. Minor errors corrected on a few classes.
I'm really not sure I like the changes to the basic spells. I mean, in all the games they were attacks. They could miss, they could crit ect... As well, with them all being Fort Saves then most monsters are taking half damage since most things tend to have a good Fort.
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
- Magus, Chrono Trigger
(09-20-2013, 07:23 PM)chaoticangel97 Wrote: I'm really not sure I like the changes to the basic spells. I mean, in all the games they were attacks. They could miss, they could crit ect... As well, with them all being Fort Saves then most monsters are taking half damage since most things tend to have a good Fort.

I don't honestly remember them missing. Resisting, yes, but missing, not quite sure.

All in all, all I have done is removed the possibility of critting and up the minimum damage since everything will now take damage regardless of making the save or not.

In layman's terms:

Spells before: Able to crit, able to miss.

Spells after: Not avoidable, always damage.
Was curious if the summons spells where reflected in this change as well, are do they remain as currently listed?
(09-21-2013, 04:03 AM)Landerkd Wrote: Was curious if the summons spells where reflected in this change as well, are do they remain as currently listed?

Nah, the only spells affected were the classic FF spells.
Minor update: Due to the spell change, I made a revision on the Red Mage class, removing Spellstrike and adding an Arcane Pool and Ruby Arcanas. In addition, I overhauled the Ruby Magister prestige class, removing and changing alot of its abilities.
Minor update: Removed Natural Talent from Bards and added a set of new abilities called Dissonance. Made overall changes and fixes to the Engineer class. Made minor corrections to Engineer's archetypes and a few spells.
Minor update: Made some minor adjustments to the Necromancer class, changed out its capstone ability. Added new summon undead spells to the necromancer spell list. Changed the classic spells' bonus damage to +1 per level instead of what it was before.
Minor update: Made a few changes to the Monk class, added a couple of new abilities. Edit/Cleaned up the Monk Archetypes due to the change. Since the new Esuna change, I removed all the spells that are no longer required (Stona, Vox, Poisona, Cleanse, etc). Removed Toxify, changed Poison/Bio a little bit. Added two new Necromancer spells (Zombify, Mass Zombify), and added new blue mage spells that were created in my FFd20 campaign. Thanks to Cycopaethic (forum user) who sends me walls of text on suggestions to fix errors or make suggestions, he has been invaluable.
Minor Update Edit: The night is young! Also made changes to the Gunner class, filling out a few problem areas that seem empty as well as removing gunblades from the class and dropping the lightning shot ability (as rapid shot feat mimics it). Made a few changes to the firearms as well.
Major update: Lowered the spell levels of most of the spellcasting classes starting from 3rd level and higher (basically Wizard progression from Pathfinder). Also changed MP for all the spellcasting classes. Added new mage talents for black mage and white mage. Modified Rune Knight archetype for holy knights, changed scribe runes from 1 hour to a full-round action.
Major update: Finished the Medic base class. Removed some redundancy deeds from the Gunner class. Added/changed some archetypes (created by Nihilarian). Changed the Esuna spell to require to spend more MP to cure higher level status effects. Changed pricing on Power Rods/Staves and added a damage component equal to the caster's casting modifier. Changed Green Mage's first ability to increase duration of the appropriate type rather than +1 round. Made a few fixes on typos and suggestions on different wording (with help from Cycopaethic), though I'm not done with it.
Minor update: Changed Summoner's avatar starting stats and added a 7th level upgrade for each of them. Changed Holy Knight's and Dark Knight's Holy/Dark Sword Techs, retuned them. Did minor error fixes on spells and spell lists. Added Medic favored class options to the core races. Added Medic skill points and money to the appropriate charts. Modified Red Mage's Dual Spellcasting Limit Break. Modified the Archer's Aim ability. Modified the Bard's Funeral Ballad ability. Changed all Raise-type spells to Full Round Actions.
Minor update: Added 6 subraces for Mithra (based after Thundercats). Made a couple of changes to the Beastmaster's Beast Shape ability and Feral Combat Style. Added a whole slew of talents, tricks, and techniques for Beastmaster, Chemist, Engineer, Fighter, and Thief, created by Nihilarian, as well as a new Archetype for Beastmaster, the Tamer. Changed Spellcraft skill a little bit for detecting magic and identifying magical items.
Uhhh.

I'm on the Chemist page, it has a bunch of symbols instead of letters. Tried to copy paste to show you, but it went back to regular letters. I dunno what's going on.
Something screwy is going on. :|
I think everything is fixed now. Dunno what the hell happened. I uploaded everything instead of just the files that are updated.
Quick Question: how often are the main PDFs updated? I check the main site every so often, but they always say that they're not updated.
(01-15-2014, 09:56 PM)rjbprime Wrote: Quick Question: how often are the main PDFs updated? I check the main site every so often, but they always say that they're not updated.

Not often enough. I'm still ironing out bugs and updating. Never feels finish for me to update the Main PDF.

But the normal PDFs (classes, races, etc) are regularly updated.
(01-15-2014, 11:31 PM)Viladin Wrote: Not often enough. I'm still ironing out bugs and updating. Never feels finish for me to update the Main PDF.

But the normal PDFs (classes, races, etc) are regularly updated.

I generally check the site once a month for updates, but currently I am on holidays with minimal internet access, so haven't been able to check. Apart from the Main Book and Monster Compendium, are the rest of PDFs current? May I compile them into private, dated documents to share to my own gaming group? If not, I will link them to site to get their copies.