The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php(287) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error_callback
/printthread.php 287 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage

Final Fantasy d20 Forums
Favorite Character - Printable Version

+- Final Fantasy d20 Forums (https://forums.finalfantasyd20.com)
+-- Forum: General FF Forums (https://forums.finalfantasyd20.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: FF Discussion (https://forums.finalfantasyd20.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Favorite Character (/showthread.php?tid=38)

Pages: 1 2

Favorite Character - Gizmo - 10-26-2012

We did game, now lets do favorite character, and why?

RE: Favorite Character - Nihilarian - 10-26-2012

Hmm. Possibly Selphie from 8. Her solution to a problem is to blow it up, and I find that endearing.

RE: Favorite Character - Gizmo - 10-26-2012

(10-26-2012, 11:44 AM)Nihilarian Wrote: Hmm. Possibly Selphie from 8. Her solution to a problem is to blow it up, and I find that endearing.

That's interesting, I think mine is either Kefka or Seifer. Although Irvine was amazing.

RE: Favorite Character - chaoticangel97 - 10-26-2012

Terra from VI. I loved her story, it was very emotional. That and she was the first female main character.

Zack from VII comes in at a very close second. I just love the guy's happy go lucky personality. He's just awesome.

If we had a question of who our favorite villain was I'd definitely say Kefka. He's like the Joker from Batman. You're not sure whether you should be laughing at him or be terrified of him. He's also one of the few villains who can actually say he was a god.

RE: Favorite Character - Gizmo - 10-26-2012

I agree with all that about Kefka, loved him.

Seifer just seemed like a boss through the whole game. Reminded me a lot of Gary Oak, always showing up and just taunting ya. Then when Irvine went into his limit break, he shot his gun is pretty amusing ways, just made ya love the character.

Seifer's a tool.

RE: Favorite Character - Viladin - 10-26-2012

Kefka for President.

Gilgamesh is great.

To be clear, I've never liked Seifer. I mean, one of his first scenes is kicking a dog. Not figuratively, literally. And then he gets hyped up as a super strong guy, but goes down easy when you actually fight him, which makes him come off as arrogant. And not in an amusing way.

Obviously, that's just my opinion. And Irvine's pretty cool.

RE: Favorite Character - Viladin - 10-26-2012

Zell is my second favorite.

RE: Favorite Character - chaoticangel97 - 10-26-2012

I momentarily forgot about Gil! He has my favorite quote ever in Final Fantasy history.

"Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh... it is morphing time!"

RE: Favorite Character - Zeth - 05-17-2013

My favorite is Vivi. The throwback to the classic black mage thrilled me. Then to see him as a humble growing emotional and powerful character that is so relatable was incredible.

RE: Favorite Character - Raybras - 05-17-2013

This is a hard choice, but i believe i must go with Freya from 9 as my favorite.

RE: Favorite Character - ZeronosVega - 05-17-2013

My absolute favorite characters are Cecil (FFIV) and Zack (FFVII), though there are plenty of others which I like. As for a favorite villain... I'm actually unsure. Thus, I'm going to be a fanboy to FFIV and say Golbez. Actually, I'll add Kuja just because he was always intriguing to me.

RE: Favorite Character - Kaiser6012 - 05-23-2013

Heh heh... no villain can beat Kefka. I mean, he was the only one who achieved his goal of total world domination. Were it not for the unfortunate fact that he was pants-on-head loopy, he'd have curb-stomped the party and won.

As for favourite hero, hmmm... Vivi's always a good choice on account of his character arc, general demeanour and all round huggability (Tell me you didn't d'aww at his character design, I dare you.) Apart from that, I'm a fan of the Brothers Figaro from FF VI. They're a good demonstration of how characterization needs not be shackled to role and how similar two apparently disparate people can be.

RE: Favorite Character - Viladin - 05-23-2013

^ I didn't. Tongue I hated FF9 with a passion, even though I did beat it because I'm a completionist.

RE: Favorite Character - Kaiser6012 - 05-24-2013

Really? May I ask why? I adore it, think it's one of the underrated sleeper hits - certainly better than the later FFs with their obsession with making lightning strike twice in the same place.

RE: Favorite Character - Viladin - 05-24-2013

(05-24-2013, 09:08 AM)Kaiser6012 Wrote: Really? May I ask why? I adore it, think it's one of the underrated sleeper hits - certainly better than the later FFs with their obsession with making lightning strike twice in the same place.

The graphics were a bit too cartoony for me. Same reason i dont like Kingdom Hearts. Though, i hate that game for another reason as well.

RE: Favorite Character - Kaiser6012 - 05-26-2013

Fair enough - the aesthetics of the game were a big departure from the recent trend. I just end up zoning the graphics out after a little while, so it doesn't really impact me as much as the story or the gameplay does.

As for KH, yeah... yeah, it's got so much potential, but it's... well, the less said about that the better.

RE: Favorite Character - Landerkd - 06-11-2013

Aeris, fell in love with her personality, and matter of fact way of things. Also have a large scroll poster of her on my wall.

RE: Favorite Character - Stormson - 09-10-2013

Favorite villain has to be Kefka. He's actually in my top 3 for favorite villains of videogames of all time, and not just FF. (If you're curious, numbers 1 and 2 are Luca Blight from Suikoden 2 and Lavos from Chrono Trigger)

Favorite character hero wise? Has to be Sabin. Enjoyed his own story, plus HE SUPLEXES TRAINS.