Final Fantasy d20 Forums
Happy Holidays - Printable Version

+- Final Fantasy d20 Forums (https://forums.finalfantasyd20.com)
+-- Forum: Official Website: https://www.finalfantasyd20.com (https://forums.finalfantasyd20.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://forums.finalfantasyd20.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Happy Holidays (/showthread.php?tid=337)

Happy Holidays - Luphey - 12-24-2014

Merry Christmas(Eve), I hope you all enjoy your holidays.

RE: Happy Holidays - NeloAngelo - 01-01-2015

Same here! Anyone got any 2015 projects their planning FF wise, or just in general?

RE: Happy Holidays - Viladin - 01-01-2015

Just... more updates. Tongue If I can tear myself away from gaming.

RE: Happy Holidays - silverwerret - 01-02-2015

Looking to reboot my FF campaign, moving away from the solitary universe to the more general D20 we have here.

RE: Happy Holidays - NeloAngelo - 01-02-2015

(01-01-2015, 07:59 PM)Viladin Wrote: Just... more updates. Tongue If I can tear myself away from gaming.

Gaming never lets go.

(01-02-2015, 12:29 PM)silverwerret Wrote: Looking to reboot my FF campaign, moving away from the solitary universe to the more general D20 we have here.

The universe is boring unless its here.
I gave up on mine. Had a lot planned but couldn't keep all the players, and i had already restarted it once for a new group. I'd rather be a player now, ive been doing all the DM'ing for my friends for quiet a while now. If you ever need a player let me know. Tongue

RE: Happy Holidays - Viladin - 01-02-2015

Actually wished my old compaign could be completed. Ran two groups thru it. The 2nd group lasted a bit longer. Campaign was suppose to last from lvl 1 to 17ish. First group got to around 8th level, the 2nd group got to 13rd. So close. Sad

RE: Happy Holidays - silverwerret - 01-03-2015

Yea, I had ran both a FFVII and a FFX, but found the latter to be too linear and the former is undergoing changes. Me and a buddy kind of co-DM together and trade off being the main, so we don't get burnt out. I would welcome players, but due to how my schedule is, family life, work and other misc. things, I only do face to face sessions. So unless you live in the Rochester, MN area or come through enough, unfortunately won't happen.

RE: Happy Holidays - NeloAngelo - 01-03-2015

(01-03-2015, 10:55 AM)silverwerret Wrote: Yea, I had ran both a FFVII and a FFX, but found the latter to be too linear and the former is undergoing changes. Me and a buddy kind of co-DM together and trade off being the main, so we don't get burnt out. I would welcome players, but due to how my schedule is, family life, work and other misc. things, I only do face to face sessions. So unless you live in the Rochester, MN area or come through enough, unfortunately won't happen.
Sadly I live in Tn lol Its better face to face. I have friends that live far away though and really got no good place available where im at, and some of my friends wont play cause they dont like FF. I don't know why im friends with them (heh)

(01-02-2015, 11:46 PM)Viladin Wrote: Actually wished my old compaign could be completed. Ran two groups thru it. The 2nd group lasted a bit longer. Campaign was suppose to last from lvl 1 to 17ish. First group got to around 8th level, the 2nd group got to 13rd. So close. Sad

Are you talking about the one ive seen some people talk about on here? I think Heart of the Shinra empire? Not sure. What happened?
My children of hydalyen campaign only had two players then one lost internet and it got rough and decided to just end it at a stopping point. Then rebooted it with them and two other people. got them from lvl5-15.but due to not everyone being there and such i lost motivation and stopped it at a good stopping point to say its done. Really wanted to go on to lvl 20+. had alot planned.

RE: Happy Holidays - Viladin - 01-03-2015

(01-03-2015, 06:20 PM)NeloAngelo Wrote: Are you talking about the one ive seen some people talk about on here? I think Heart of the Shinra empire? Not sure. What happened?
My children of hydalyen campaign only had two players then one lost internet and it got rough and decided to just end it at a stopping point. Then rebooted it with them and two other people. got them from lvl5-15.but due to not everyone being there and such i lost motivation and stopped it at a good stopping point to say its done. Really wanted to go on to lvl 20+. had alot planned.

It was the Dark Haven campaign. The Heart of the Shinra Empire was the campaign that inspired from the first one from the events.

RE: Happy Holidays - silverwerret - 01-04-2015

I am trying to convince a friend of mine to do a LoZ D20, have the rest of the group on board, but he is stubborn. So I know the feeling. Then again also trying to get this one-shot template up, thinking of trying to do a raid scenario, like you do in WoW. Just so we can do something quick and dirty in between the big stuff.

RE: Happy Holidays - NeloAngelo - 01-04-2015

(01-04-2015, 10:59 AM)silverwerret Wrote: I am trying to convince a friend of mine to do a LoZ D20, have the rest of the group on board, but he is stubborn. So I know the feeling. Then again also trying to get this one-shot template up, thinking of trying to do a raid scenario, like you do in WoW. Just so we can do something quick and dirty in between the big stuff.

Yeah, one person can mess up the whole thing. That is a neat idea.

(01-03-2015, 08:23 PM)Viladin Wrote: It was the Dark Haven campaign. The Heart of the Shinra Empire was the campaign that inspired from the first one from the events.
Ahh. I never read through the Dark haven posts, was it your own world or also ffvii based?

RE: Happy Holidays - Viladin - 01-04-2015

(01-04-2015, 02:24 PM)NeloAngelo Wrote: Ahh. I never read through the Dark haven posts, was it your own world or also ffvii based?

My own world. I combined most of the FF games together. One massive world, with the Lands of Ivarice as a continent. Lands of Spira as a continent. Vana'diel as their own continent. And I think I added the FF1 lands as a continent. Kefka, who ascended as the God of Magic, Madness, and Destruction in my world, aimed to rule the world and get rid of the other gods. He used the ShinRa Corporation as his proxies to do his bidding. And generally, made him an annoyance to the player characters. He couldn't interfere with them physically, but he tormented them along the way. In my campaign, the Shinra Corporation was trying to conquer lands with their technology.

RE: Happy Holidays - NeloAngelo - 01-05-2015

(01-04-2015, 08:05 PM)Viladin Wrote:
(01-04-2015, 02:24 PM)NeloAngelo Wrote: Ahh. I never read through the Dark haven posts, was it your own world or also ffvii based?

My own world. I combined most of the FF games together. One massive world, with the Lands of Ivarice as a continent. Lands of Spira as a continent. Vana'diel as their own continent. And I think I added the FF1 lands as a continent. Kefka, who ascended as the God of Magic, Madness, and Destruction in my world, aimed to rule the world and get rid of the other gods. He used the ShinRa Corporation as his proxies to do his bidding. And generally, made him an annoyance to the player characters. He couldn't interfere with them physically, but he tormented them along the way. In my campaign, the Shinra Corporation was trying to conquer lands with their technology.

That sounds extremely fun. Glad to see FF11 mentioned, swelling with pride a bit.

RE: Happy Holidays - Viladin - 01-13-2015

I am pleased. Smile Started up my old FF campaign with friends irl. Going well so far. Although, no trapsmith.

Ronso Beastmaster with Bear companion
Mithra (Jagara subrace) Black Mage
Varg White Mage
Varg Dragoon
Moogle Red Mage (Spellblade archetype)